THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Right on, thanks Beatle. Any advice on the Whalls? I'm kind of leaning toward those since they're like $60 cheaper. Those Ironhearts do excite me though... 21 Ozs. :eek:

Hmm, okay. That all makes sense I guess, with the APC vanity sizing I guess. Thanks for the help, wish I could rep but i must spread....

the strike gold slim, warehouse 660, or sam 0500. im thinking wh, but dont know about sg that much

the eternal denim produces much better fades imo... skulls just kinda look like an apc fade on roids to me... idk just depends on what you like. eternals kinda fit the genre of epic jap denimz like denime/warehouse n skulls kinda just are like high contrasty like flathead/ most sams

yea i did generalize a lot about many diff jeans but just giving you the general idea

IMO the fits are also way different. so better explain what a fit you're looking for

They are? Based on the measurements on SE and BiG, I thought they were pretty similar; both 14.5oz denim, both STF, almost identical through the rise and thighs, with the Eternals going thinner from the knees down than the Skulls. Since I can't check them out in person, I'm working only off what info I can find online. I appreciate your opinion, since I'm such a noob.

In both I'd be going TTS with a 33 and looking for a straight cut, regular fit, not too skinny, and definitely not baggy.

the eternal denim produces much better fades imo... skulls just kinda look like an apc fade on roids to me... idk just depends on what you like. eternals kinda fit the genre of epic jap denimz like denime/warehouse n skulls kinda just are like high contrasty like flathead/ most sams

no one has ever seen the new 5000 denim fade, so i doubt you have. How can you possibly compare them with APCs?? wtf? Dont just make assumptions unless you have first hand experience. sorry to blow your bubble...eternals not classified in the same catergory as legendary denimes and warehouse... they are closer to flatheads because they yield high contrast fades..

They are?

yes they are!!

and the regular skulls are not STF, only the anniversay model is STF...

you cannot judge a denim just by its weight

personaly i would go with the skulls after seeing them at take5 i realy liked the denim

now, here is someone you can trust. He know's what he's talking about.. and he's got the first hand experience.

the 5000 denim is different from the standard skull denim

exactly!

According to the SE website, "For Skull's anniversary jean they've produced a new silhouette for the first time in two years and woven a new denim which is made up of a combination of cotton fibers from Southern California and Arizona (but woven in Japan). This denim is made up of a longer but thinner cotton staple which makes the denim pliant and long lasting while still rigid." From that, I'm inferring that the fit of the anniversary 5000xx is different than the usual 5000, or any other pair of Skulls, for that matter.

So how, specifically, do the Eternal contest 811s and the Skull anniversary 5000s fit differently? I wasn't trying to base my judgment of either pair on the weight of the denim, merely pointing out that both models are STF (regardless of other models in their respective brands) and that they are both 14.5oz, making it more of an apples-to-apples comparison.

ok, you are pretty much comparing Apples to Aliens...

i'll give you a sum up.... the skull 5000 is an anniversary model... that's not usually produced... there is not such thing as the "regular 5000". This anniversary model is a very accurate reproduction based 1950s levi's 501.

the contest eternals on the other hand a 1960's 501 cut, with some novel features like the the lined pockets, indigo front pockets.

essentially the only thing they share in common is the 14.5oz weight. (like how Apples and Aliens both starts with A) everything else is different i.e. Dyeing process, weaving, texture, origin of cotton, shade of indigo, rivets, buttons, fading properties, leather patch,

STF is not a factor... STF is just a given, 90% of what we wear on SUFU is STF

I hope that helps

According to the SE website, "For Skull's anniversary jean they've produced a new silhouette for the first time in two years and woven a new denim which is made up of a combination of cotton fibers from Southern California and Arizona (but woven in Japan). This denim is made up of a longer but thinner cotton staple which makes the denim pliant and long lasting while still rigid." From that, I'm inferring that the fit of the anniversary 5000xx is different than the usual 5000, or any other pair of Skulls, for that matter.

So how, specifically, do the Eternal contest 811s and the Skull anniversary 5000s fit differently? I wasn't trying to base my judgment of either pair on the weight of the denim, merely pointing out that both models are STF (regardless of other models in their respective brands) and that they are both 14.5oz, making it more of an apples-to-apples comparison.