THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

^as the cuts aren´t too different you gotta ask yourself if you want:

a) midweight, faster fading denim, high contast (fh)

or

B) heavyweight, slowfading denim, high durability (ih)

maybe i´d go rather go for ih, but it´s hard to give an advice in this case,cause it depends so much on your personal preference...

Ok...

FH 1001 or 3001?

if you need jeans now, go with the 3001. Kiya said they won't be producing another run of the 1001 til 2010.

i had this same dilemma, but being in CA i think my next pair will be the 3001, considering I can wear em for more months without massive ballsweat. only think I don't like about the 3001 is the zipper fly, i prefer buttons.

if you need jeans now, go with the 3001. Kiya said they won't be producing another run of the 1001 til 2010.

i had this same dilemma, but being in CA i think my next pair will be the 3001, considering I can wear em for more months without massive ballsweat. only think I don't like about the 3001 is the zipper fly, i prefer buttons.

If need be, I think I would cop from the FH from the UK site... seems as if they have a healthy stock of both.

How significant is the difference thickness-wise? Do you think there's a significant difference to the point of being uncomfortable in the summertime?

And is the zipper/button fly issue just a matter of preference for you? Or does the zipper just suck?

well i have a pair of imperials that are 14 oz, and my SExDBxS09 are 16 oz. I wore both this summer, I don't think it's a really big difference, but it does get pretty toasty. but 16 oz is definitely manageable, even in CA summer.

the zipper fly is just a matter of preference, I like the button fly on my imperials and db's, and my nudies have a zipper fly and it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

like this past week, I'm sure being in LA you really felt the heatwave.

(i'm in OC a little closer to the beach)

is this gonna be your only pair all year long?

If need be, I think I would cop from the FH from the UK site... seems as if they have a healthy stock of both.

How significant is the difference thickness-wise? Do you think there's a significant difference to the point of being uncomfortable in the summertime?

And is the zipper/button fly issue just a matter of preference for you? Or does the zipper just suck?

16oz vs 14.5 oz in summer doesn't matter that much, compared to wearing 21 oz sammies in summerweather. I wear my 1001 in summer just fine.

If you like a slim FH cut and a buttonfly then there is no choice but to go for the 1001. If zipper is no issue for you, then go with the 3001 and get guaranteed nice fades with hard wear.

is this gonna be your only pair all year long?

probably not...

If I do cop a pair of FH's (whichever one) it'll go into the rotation along with my skulls and (tapered) PBJ xx-005's...

Also, can't wear jeans in the workplace, so these will take a little longer to break in...

So how does the zipper stand the test of time... Does it stay engaged after a while? Or does it tend to come undone eventually?

i say go for the 1001's then, so you can wear the skulls or pbjs on the hotter days and the 1001s on colder days.

i dont know, zippers have always held up for me, i just don't like em for some reason.

...thanks for your help...

gonna think about this for a little...