what are you watching today?

red

Also, I finally watched The Dark Knight Rises yesterday. Although I enjoyed it, I was a bit irritated with how little the characters and some plot elements were developed at a running time of 160+ minutes. Why exactly is Bruce Wayne/ Batman so bitter in the beginning? There is little to no background on Tom Hardy's Bane, Catwoman or Marion Cotillard's character (no spoilers so I'll keep it vague).

The whole allusion to the (French) revolution was a bit forced as well? Are the inhabitants of Gotham hostages or participating in the uprising? The latter (if it was intended that way) would add a whole other level to the plot, by giving Batman an ambiguous, counter-revolutionary role that is in keeping with parts of The Dark Knight that seem to hint at the fascist tendencies of his vigilante-ism.

As it is, the class-struggle theme and jabs at Occupy Wall Street seem like pointless topical references.

Finally got around to watching this. Amazing film that deserves every amount of accolade it ever received and Tilda Swinton is nothing short of a master actress in this. Its a beautiful mix of psychological thriller and meticulously executed drama.

Edited by Mrama