what are you watching today?

red

^ it seems like you watch a whole lot of interesting movies.. should let us know what you think was worth watching.

Also the following finally comes out around me tomorrow. Excited for that.

^thanx. i usually only comment about the ones that i don't like.  the others i post w/o commentary i like(d) or found decent.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

hi resinous,

i've noticed that you've negged quite a few of my posts here in this thread.  have you actually seen any of the films i've posted, because it really seems like a pattern? if so, what didn't you like about them?

if the all neg is some auto revenge shit stemming from that one time years ago when i made fun of you or something and you're just being a douchebag again then just disregard the above (and sincerely fuck off).

^good one time watch.  a smorga ova alota directors/films/influences.  can't say that i hated the cinematography though.  yes, i liked the s/t.

conversation between miyazaki and his assistant about jiji not being able to speak in the end was pretty cool

Edited by SSchadenfreude

VzqQtaK.jpg

Went in with higher hopes than was wise. Still, made some interesting choices and it was beautifully shot. Still highly recommend it in spite of my personal feelings about it, especially if you have a budding interest in AI and the uneasy relationships between the creator and the created. For those more familiar with AI theory, it's a familiar story but a well-told one. Very, very dark laughs in there as well.

MvN2vBO.jpghttps://youtu.be/HgbXWt8kM5Q
Just incredible. Perfect if you love mythology and animation coming together.

Edited by Northwest