what are you watching today?

red

the_guest_main_one_sheet.jpg?w=697&h=102

I finally watched this after seeing it in this thread a few times and hearing good things. Holy fuck. Most fun I've had watching a move in a while. Killer soundtrack, the right amount of camp. Just awesome.

I envy you.  A friend was over who'd never seen it and I couldn't find the damn thing so we watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  He'd never seen that either and man I envy that too!!!

Best thing I have to say is how they do the sound effects to make it more unsettling than what it really is. Pretty refreshing after all the shock horror and jump scares as of late.

Also watched the Simpson's Treehouse of Horror parody after 

I finally watched this after seeing it in this thread a few times and hearing good things. Holy fuck. Most fun I've had watching a move in a while. Killer soundtrack, the right amount of camp. Just awesome.

it was pretty good

pred-710x1024.jpg

the_guest_main_one_sheet.jpg?w=697&h=102

saw these two. both pretty good. the guest is better.

recently: 

MV5BMjEyODcyODIzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE4

MV5BMTg4MzA0NjI5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUw

Polytechnique_Poster.jpg

did a little Villeneuve marathon

edit: I liked certain aspects of all of them, with Incendies definitely the best of the three imo, followed by Polytechnique and then Maelstrom

I still think Prisoners is his best film but Incendies definitely rivals it

MV5BMTk3MzUxOTQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM3

MV5BNDg0NzU3NjMzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODAx

fire walk with me had some pretty good scenes in the second half

lost highway was just weird, I liked when the fence's cabin exploded in reverse though that was cool

243554-birdman-poster.jpg

thought it was really good overall, all the things they did to keep it looking like

one shot were incredible, the ending threw me off though

in the last month or so: mysterious skin, kill list, eastern promises, do the right thing,

requiem for a dream, a clockwork orange, eraserhead, american gangster, grave of the fireflies, adult world, palo alto, silver linings playbook, young ones, the double, se7en, you're next, starred up, short term 12      

(I didn't want to post all the covers lol)

Edited by cdglove

unexpectedly ended up watching Top Five tonight. didn't even know it existed beforehand, but it was a pleasant surprise. not your normal chris rock comedy, but pretty funny with a lot of great cameos. maybe it was the somewhat serious undertone (recovering alcholic) but the whole movie kinda felt like an episode of Louie

o-TOP-FIVE-POSTER-570.jpg

Edited by jayrock