what are you watching today?

red

I caught transformers the other night for whatever reason, I guess I didn't turn my brain off enough to enjoy that piece of shit. probably the worst of the series so far, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. 3 hours long too.

Spoken like someone who missed out on the amazing spider man 2

Worst part was they killed off the funny man too early. And the vintage bumblebee is the best obv

On a more serious note, I really gotta get on that snow piercer, have heard best movie of the year rave reviews about it

is signal worth a watch

15 mins in and watchin it sorta off and on cause it's still sorta boring imo

edit:  a couple of cool parts but overall it's a mess.  not really worth my time

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Blu Ray pick ups this week I saw Nymphomaniac, Watched the new Criterion Editions of Hard Day's Night, Scanners, Il Sorpasso, L'eclisse and Life Aquatic. All are great and the Criterions hold up extremely well, but I'm not as fond of L'eclisse as much as I was when I saw it last about 10 years ago. Life Aquatic however has aged much better. I blind bought Under The Skin because I love Jonathan Glazers work, but have heard very negative things about it. The soundtrack is great though so I'm sure i'll still like it. 

On the netflix tip I saw The Lego Movie which was actually fun, Grand Budapest was great and Jodorowsky's Dune was amazing. Instant Queue watches I saw The Immigrant which is really really great, Upside Down: The Creation Records Story, Alan Partridge Alpha Papa, All Cheerleaders Die and Fred And Vinnie which were all pretty good.  

Theatres - Snowpiercer is excellent and on TV I just finished Fargo which was incredible and I had to binge watch everything in a weekend. Ray Donovan Season 2 is awesome and The Leftovers is pretty good as well. 

Edited by exterminatingphantom