what are you watching today?

red

Just saw The Rover. Thought it was amazing. Definitely one of my favourites of the year.

I have to ask,

Robert Pattinson playing a "slow" character wasn't bothersome to you? That choice has never felt natural to me in any movie I've seen with the exception of My Left Foot, where Lewis' portrayal of the character and his struggles was outstanding enough that it didn't pull me out of the movie. With Pattinson I continually felt uncomfortable and I didn't find his performance convincing, which perhaps was intentional? It is a dystopian film and the questions surrounding his true capabilities are left fairly open ended (see the scenes where he translates, pays for petrol/ammunition, etc. And I suppose I am quite tired of the "fool who speaks the truth" idea. It's been around since Shakespeare, and it feels like its lost resonance.

^i really didn like that one, maybe it was my mood idk or the fact that i was not paying 100 % of my attention to the movie but it was rather boring, yes the scenery was great but thats about it

its really subjective and open to interpretation, you really have to pay alot of attention to the second half of the movie to understand some of the themes, might b worth a second viewing if your up for it

I caught transformers the other night for whatever reason, I guess I didn't turn my brain off enough to enjoy that piece of shit. probably the worst of the series so far, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. 3 hours long too.

how was that, wanted to watch it but it look kinda long and somewhat boring , ?

It was my favorite movie from last year. Kinda long, but I didn't think it was boring. A really good coming of age first love story, lesbian or not

7kY3VCo.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed the Yves Saint Laurent biopic. Charlotte Le Bon (goddamn) certainly helped, but it had multiple scenes that managed to capture the fascinating evolution of the fashion industry, the trials and tribulations faced by a designer, and let you vicariously experience the ecstatic joy found in showing a beautiful collection. Highly recommended.

what did you think??

I personally loved it, but i'm sure there are those who feel otherwise. For me, it was constantly eerie but always in the right way. Naomi Watts and Robin Wright could do no wrong. 

WNZVzdw.png

While this was nowhere near as well executed as Villeneuve's previous film Prisoners, it was an interesting watch. David Lynch in a measured, intense pace. The film never takes the obvious way out, and whenever you think it's going one direction, it does just enough to break up the more conventional psychological and symbolic ways of interpretation. It seems a bit ragged and unfinished in a good way. 

how was bottle rocket?  i like wes anderson (like everyone else in the world) but it seems v raw.

I don't know what it is particularly you like and know about Wes Anderson (prob his signature trademarks and nuances he's known for today) but if you have seen Rushmore (his second feature after Bottle Rocket) you can see that, even then, those signature trademarks weren't fully developed yet. So, if that's the case, yes the movie is very raw compared to what he is making now. 

As far as the movie by itself, it was OKAY. Enjoyed the script/dialogue. Overall, worth a watch if you're a fan of Anderson because you can see how he started off as a director.