what are you watching today?

red

^yes, and very trippy at first. watched it 3d and it was real intense

&

Hannibal Lector!  

Hannibal_Sneak_Peak_10.jpg

always liked this character (best starred by Anthony Hopkins of course) and now Mads is doing him justice 

Edited by Indice

bkKNFHK.jpg

I've been having an absolute blast at the movies lately. Saw the opening of Snowpiercer last night in Seattle for SIFF and Bong Joon-Ho was there, as I believe this was the first American showing outside a test audience he referred to that watched a different cut of the film in New Jersey. The version we were shown was the director's cut, so I'm curious what changes will be made for the general release. He did a Q+A, part in English and part with a translator, which was excellent. All the performances are spot on, the special effects were killer, and I can highly recommend it. 

bkKNFHK.jpg

I've been having an absolute blast at the movies lately. Saw the opening of Snowpiercer last night in Seattle for SIFF and Bong Joon-Ho was there, as I believe this was the first American showing outside a test audience he referred to that watched a different cut of the film in New Jersey. The version we were shown was the director's cut, so I'm curious what changes will be made for the general release. He did a Q+A, part in English and part with a translator, which was excellent. All the performances are spot on, the special effects were killer, and I can highly recommend it. 

I will definitely vouch for this film. Tonally unique, smart action flick (!). Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton slay.

qmi1DD6.jpg

Had little interest in seeing this until a review swayed my mind, and damn i had a blast. This movie had some genuinely funny moments and excellent action sequences as well.

Been waiting for it to leak online so I can see it a trillion more times!

Was The Rover that good Jack?

haha no no i have clearly lost the plot. completely forgot that i had already posted it. 

i did enjoy it though. not ground breaking but definitely worth a viewing. the screening also had a Q&A with David Michod which sans the hipster wannabe film students asking stupid question was quiet interesting. 

tV10Kdy.jpg?1?4955

Saw this last night along with...

rXcqbpo.jpg

Preceeded by

SEyRnQh.jpg

the night before. It's been quite the movie weekend.

I'm with Jack on the Rover. Worth a watch, especially for armchair travel as an American. There were some gorgeous shots of the Australian countryside, and some great on the road sequences as well. Easily the highlight of the movie for me was the soundtrack, though.

The biggest criticism I can make of the movie is that it felt like it owed a too much to No Country For Old Men regarding its pacing and tone, and suffers losses in nearly every category if you were to compare the two.

Saw this last night along with...

rXcqbpo.jpg

Preceeded by

the night before. It's been quite the movie weekend.

I'm with Jack on the Rover. Worth a watch, especially for armchair travel as an American. There were some gorgeous shots of the Australian countryside, and some great on the road sequences as well. Easily the highlight of the movie for me was the soundtrack, though.

The biggest criticism I can make of the movie is that it felt like it owed a too much to No Country For Old Men regarding its pacing and tone, and suffers losses in nearly every category if you were to compare the two.

what did you think of the dance of reality??

raid 2 

sick

Raid 2 was absolutely brutal. Saw it in a theatre where more than a few boys had brought along KAG dates who were completely unprepared for what unfolded. At least 8 couples that walked out? Pretty good barometer for the fact that it did exactly what I hoped it would.

what did you think of the dance of reality??

I had an absolute blast. Jodorowsky's romanticized Tocopilla is a marvel to behold, and while I had heard it was autobiographical I was surprised that the focus landed more on the character of his father (played by his son). Visuals were gorgeous, and I cannot emphasize enough how funny this movie was thanks to the juxtaposition of moments of hilarity against quite serious subject matter. There was only one directorial choice that was tiresome, but against all the wonderful choices made it didn't bother me too much.

haha no no i have clearly lost the plot. completely forgot that i had already posted it. 

i did enjoy it though. not ground breaking but definitely worth a viewing. the screening also had a Q&A with David Michod which sans the hipster wannabe film students asking stupid question was quiet interesting. 

Just saw The Rover. Thought it was amazing. Definitely one of my favourites of the year.