what are you watching today?

red

220px-Tropicalmalady01.jpg3ba4f97a2c40603848c4f2de3c6571ed.jpg220px-Love_exposure_poster.jpg

Rewatched love exposure and beau travail to show the gf, they're both still really good. Beau Travail is a must watch if you've never seen it. Discovered tropical malady, great movie.

Edited by freecat

220px-Tropicalmalady01.jpgMV5BMTYzNTI3MjIzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg4Mjk5._V1._SY317_.jpg220px-Love_exposure_poster.jpg

Rewatched love exposure and beau travail to show the gf, they're both still really good. Beau Travail is a must watch if you've never seen it. Discovered tropical malady, great movie.

Watch l'intrus, book by Jean-Luc Nancy. Claire Denis is top5 french filmakers working right now IMHO.

the day he arrives, 2011:

the_day_he_arrives-402806656-large.jpg

Is there a better Korean director? I love Sangsoo so much. His staging is impeccable and he's funny as hell. Is he actually popular in Korea though?

declaration of war, 2011:

declaration_of_war.jpg

If I hadn't paid $12 I would have walked out. What a cheap and exploitative film. How was this France's official submission for best foreign film?

It's not because your son is dying that you can't wear APC, a message that went straight to the heart of Paris hipster community.

Arnaud des Pallières is another great one:

I remember missing a projection of Parc but I didn't know about Adieu, will watch it tonight. Thanks and keep em coming if you feel like it !

I remember missing a projection of Parc but I didn't know about Adieu, will watch it tonight. Thanks and keep em coming if you feel like it !

Parc is hilarious but not that great, he basically had troubl ending it. Some of the shots of cars driving around are sublime, especially the sound (note, I hate cars and this has nothing to do with car culture). Find his short "disneyland mon vieux pays natal" on vimeo, pretty good too.

I liked Les invisibles by Thierry Jousse, very cahiers (you even have the patron saint, Lonsdale, playing a wise neighbor) but it is one of the only formal exploration of sound in modern cinema so, must see.

Always big on Chris Marker, re-watching this (french title is chats perchés):

Pialat is still among my fav, especially this one (Loulou):

Good anecdote you probably haven't heard as it comes from the people who rented their big apartment to Pialat for the movie. Every morning Guy Marchand and him would arrive one hour early so Pialat could insult him for the whole hour to put him in the right turn of mind ("T'es qu'une merde, un sale connard!!" etc. -one full hour of this).

Rafi Pitts (who buys a lot of Harnden at L'Éclaireur and wears it with raw jeans), made this great cinÉaste de notre temps Abel Ferrara portrait.

Edited by Fuuma

This shit is so good

1226-LRAINER-Carnage-MOVIE-FILM-RAINER_full_600.jpg

It is decent filmed theater and the acrid portrait of bourgeois thin veneer of civility peeling off is funny but let's not call it great. I had a good time and a bad Polanski s better than a good whoever else, however that's about it.

Posted · Hidden by ordo, April 11, 2012 - Incorrectly posted YouTube video
Hidden by ordo, April 11, 2012 - Incorrectly posted YouTube video

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4sKiGkzKJo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4sKiGkzKJo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4sKiGkzKJo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> classic