what are you watching today?

red

Catching up on a bunch of films that probably won't be released in the States.

All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace, 2011 (all three parts shown together).

machinesoflovinggrace.jpg

pretty interesting.

The Snowtown Murders, 2011

79839.jpg

I owe this one entirely to SuFu. Wouldn't have gone to see it were it not for the posts here. So glad I did. Brutal but awesome film.

Spirited Away

I amazon-copped along with Kiki, Howl, Porco Rosso, and Totoro. I know everything is free, but the seller had em all listed for a couple bucks each with prime...showed up brand new. Bout to have a fest this weekend.

Catching up on a bunch of films that probably won't be released in the States.

All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace, 2011 (all three parts shown together).

machinesoflovinggrace.jpg

pretty interesting.

Weinfeld, that BBC doc looks super interesting. I'll definitely be checking it out. I've had this on the docket for a while now and I think I'll finally get around to it tonight.

221_box_348x490.jpg?1328128327

I really thought New York stories was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Certainly the worst thing made by anyone acclaimed, let alone three legendary directors.

yeah, it wasn't that good...the one about that little zoe rat was horrible. i mean, really, really bad.

Fitzcarraldo, 1982:

fitzcarraldo%2Bposter.jpg

The craziest life-affirming movie ever? Saw a print of this, glad I did.

Bye Bye Birdie, 1963:

bye_bye_birdie_1963_580x886_471869.jpg

Saw this as a newly restored and transfered to DCP projection. I have to say - the DCP was incredible. This was the most fun I've had in a while watching a film.