what are you watching today?

red

Just watched this at the theaters. Could've done with a better director, and by better I mean more compatible. Christian Bale on the other hand, displayed his immense talent and diverse capabilities once again. Also, Mark Wahlberg will never be the caliber of actor I want him to be, no matter how many chances I give him.

The_Fighter_Poster.jpg

And I just finished this. I don't care how fabricated it is, it was a great film.

the-social-network-movie.png

I loved this when it was released, although I was a kid at the time. Still holds up to a second viewing almost 20 years later.

jurassic park photo

They played this on the full theater screen in my schools auditorium last year and it was still outstanding and an experience that improves as the screen gets bigger / the audience gets larger.

Woah, I've never heard of either of these before, they seem miniscule on imdb. Are they worth tracking down?

depends how much you like these types of films. if you are just into casual movies, then no. if you have a penchant for hk film in particular and dont mind some experimentation, then it's a maybe. if not, then dont worry about these.

Away with Words - prob only worth tracking down if you happen to be a huge Doyle fan or something. it's his debut as a director, so besides seeing more of his beautiful camera work, you'll also see more into his personality/pysche through the characters/stories. if you aren't already familiar with doyle's personality then this one might go over your head.

First Love: Litter on the Breeze - this is a love it or hate it deal. it's almost like a documentary the way it is filmed sometimes, with bizarre director commentary (by that silly comedian Eric Kot) you can't turn off. however, i enjoyed the stories and characters. the structure is similar to Chungking Exp. with two non-related stories, and there are a lot of little WKW spoofs here and there. Karen Mok is an awesome actress as usual and her layered performance pretty much saved this one for me.

Angelina running around Italy in pretty dresses

although I would much rather prefer almost any Hitchcock movie

I did not like The Tourist, it was boring an had an incredibly predictable ending. The best thing about it was Angelina Jolie looking sexy the entire time. Complete waste.