what are you watching today?

red

collapse.jpg

Been watching and reading too much shit like this over the years and you kinda grow apathetic to it all after a while. Film was still decent but it annoyed me how Ruppert (or the editing) shuns off alternative energies all too readily, and subscribes to Peak Oil with absolute rigidity.

Issues around the monetary system seems valid, although I've spoken with economist friends who were able to convince me otherwise quite easily. It is the problems with water, arable land, and population growth that have always seemed most pertinent.

I'm rambling on a bit here cos if you even just take what he has to say half-seriously, a lot of shit in your life just seems so irrelevant. But no, I haven't started growing my own vegetable garden.

collapse.jpg

Been watching and reading too much shit like this over the years and you kinda grow apathetic to it all after a while. Film was still decent but it annoyed me how Ruppert (or the editing) shuns off alternative energies all too readily, and subscribes to Peak Oil with absolute rigidity.

Issues around the monetary system seems valid, although I've spoken with economist friends who were able to convince me otherwise quite easily. It is the problems with water, arable land, and population growth that have always seemed most pertinent.

I'm rambling on a bit here cos if you even just take what he has to say half-seriously, a lot of shit in your life just seems so irrelevant. But no, I haven't started growing my own vegetable garden.

just watched it, very interesting.....i feel some further investigation is needed, but certainly makes you think

What the fuck was that final line about? "He is currently late on his rent and trying to avoid eviction." Was that meant to invalidate every previous statement or just to more fully round the image of Ruppert as an unreliable, "batshit crazy" doomsayer. Interesting doco, very well put together, but I get the feeling Ruppert might not be as crazy as depicted. Eccentric as fuck? No doubt. But probably not completely crazy.

collapsexlg.jpg

Yeah that last line felt very much out of place and tacked on. Perhaps it just functions as another reminder to take everything with a grain of salt and not just believe everything your told. nonetheless interesting guy and i love the line about the bear,

"if your in a camp and a bear attacks, you don't have to be faster than the bear, you only have to faster than the slowest camper"

What the fuck was that final line about? "He is currently late on his rent and trying to avoid eviction." Was that meant to invalidate every previous statement or just to more fully round the image of Ruppert as an unreliable, "batshit crazy" doomsayer. Interesting doco, very well put together, but I get the feeling Ruppert might not be as crazy as depicted. Eccentric as fuck? No doubt. But probably not completely crazy.

collapsexlg.jpg