what are you watching today?

red

I'm not big on anime either, Akira is the full feature only one I've seen. Though I'm not against it, I just don't have any knowledge of it. but evvvveryone is watching that so I think I will. Though, with animation I think I'd rather go dubs rather than subs.

^Akira is awesome. Other notables include Ghost in the Shell (and the sequel), Mind Game, Blood: The Last Vampire, Paprika, Jin-Roh... there is some good stuff amongst all the trash if you know where to look.

SteveMV-CowboyBebopMovie.jpg

last nights delve back into high school.

i'm also craving mononoke, REALLY badly. i STILL haven't seen spirited away, but ghibli is capable of nothing but perfection.

Sup emfa. Miyazaki is always my recommendation to people who claim that they don't like anime. Most of his stuff is amazing. I'm about to go check out Ponyo in a few hours (the subtitled version, not the dub shown below).

I haven't seen the subtitled version but the Disney distributed Ghibli films seem to have really good dubs - I thought Spirited Away and Ponyo were both really good. I know some people critique some casting choices (i heard some people who didn't like Neeson who kind of reminds me of B. Thornton from Mononoke) since it detracts from some sort of original japanese vision but the way I look at it if you're dubbing the thing it should make sense and be interesting in english which I thought they did successfully.

Sup emfa. Miyazaki is always my recommendation to people who claim that they don't like anime. Most of his stuff is amazing. I'm about to go check out Ponyo in a few hours (the subtitled version, not the dub shown below).

I'll definitely have to check out Ponyo. How did you like it?