what are you watching today?

red

I'll add another recommendation for Suspiria. The second installment of the series is Inferno. I think The Mother of Tears finally got made just recently too, to round out the trilogy.

Just watched this. There's always somebody more miserable than yourself, right?

thewrestler_galleryposter.jpg

^Just finished the book (fucking amazing) and read Ballard's thoughts on the film version. How was it? Might watch it tonight. Thanks!

Edit: you must have posted same time I did Holyman. I was talking about Empire of the Sun.

The film is quite good although I've never read the book and I bet it is a ton better. I don't really know how to describe the film other than it was really long and dry at some parts but I was amazed with Bale's performance (only 13 at the time) which pretty much kept me interested throughout the film.

A few gifts I got from the gf today:

Movie-Poster-Dr-Strangelove.jpg

0114814.jpg

is Usual Suspects worth watching if I have seen the very end scene. I don't know anything else other than who Keyser Söze is. does that ruin the movie?

It's too late for you, even if you hadn't seen the ending, because it's been copied and parodied too many times, and its memes have been too thoroughly assimilated.

^^Martyrs review from Netflix:

Oh my, I feel highly compelled to warn, encourage, as well as prohibit the viewing of this film. You may think how can I do that. Well I strongly suggest NO CHILDREN EVER be allowed to view this, next those of you who do not like exceedingly strong gore factors I give you a warning, and finally those who enjoy the creepy, blood spattered, mind blowing imagery you HAVE to watch this. At the beginning of this film we get to know Anna and Lucie as childen. Lucie was kidknapped at a young age and basically tortured. We then catch up to the pair 15 years later, and find them in trouble. Finally, Anna is alone at the conclusion of this film, not totally alone, but in some ways so alone it is frightening. I found myself really liking this movie, but after one viewing I do not think I could bring myself to watch it again. During this film, I kept seeing a few similarities between Martyrs and Hostel, and Hostel to me was just plain ole' boring, torturing trash. This french film went a step or two above and beyond Hostel. You can expect some of the same themeatical elements, but this deals with a more spitiual nature than plain ole' torture. As I watched, the plight of Anna and Lucie had me yearning for them both. I wish I could say more, but you need to watch this for yourself. 4* 6.2.09