1st Ever Supreme Warehouse/sample Sale!! (is Hell Freezing Over?)

Selegna

maybe the crew doesn't hold the same views as James Jebbia on reselling, I read this in an interview with him:

What's your opinion on the secondary market of Supreme products (whether it be on eBay or in one of the many boutiques in Harajuku)?

JJ: I don¹t like it very much simply because we try our best to make our clothing affordable for young people, after all Supreme is a skate brand & when I do see our things on ebay the prices are normally at least double what they should be. Basically I don¹t like people getting jacked for a T-shirt. I much prefer if someone buys something from us that they plan on wearing it & not selling .

well clothing is clothing, but that's what happens when all these high fashion non-skaters come into skate brands...

something i really noticed when i saw the line, that 99% of the kids weren't skaters. not that it matters who wears what but, it's amazing

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ: I don¹t like it very much simply because we try our best to make our clothing affordable for young people, after all Supreme is a skate brand & when I do see our things on ebay the prices are normally at least double what they should be. Basically I don¹t like people getting jacked for a T-shirt. I much prefer if someone buys something from us that they plan on wearing it & not selling .

if only........................

well clothing is clothing, but that's what happens when all these high fashion non-skaters come into skate brands...

something i really noticed when i saw the line, that 99% of the kids weren't skaters. not that it matters who wears what but, it's amazing

ehhh, do you really still consider them a skate brand though? they may have started that way but they have definitely transitioned

what skate brands do colabos with neighborhood, bape and other "street" brands and is that marketed towards skaters....probably not......

do they even have a skate team anymore? and is anyone ever skating in their catalogs and look books...all i see is mean mugging and references to drug use.......

no doubt they started as a skate brand but have changed due to so many non-skaters who demand it...mostly asian kids.......without them, the sample sale would have had alot more stock and less of a line up.........

strangely I barely know her, I post on another forum and I just made a thread that said "Anyone in NYC wanna do me a favor?" and she offered to do it.

I told her I'd still paypal her $20.

I'm fine with it if they didn't have any box tee items though, that's what i really wanted

that's less than minimum wage! :D

ehhh, do you really still consider them a skate brand though? they may have started that way but they have definitely transitioned

what skate brands do colabos with neighborhood, bape and other "street" brands and is that marketed towards skaters....probably not......

do they even have a skate team anymore? and is anyone ever skating in their catalogs and look books...all i see is mean mugging and references to drug use.......

no doubt they started as a skate brand but have changed due to so many non-skaters who demand it...mostly asian kids.......without them, the sample sale would have had alot more stock and less of a line up.........

i do agree with you and I definitely see their marketing towards mostly the Japanese fashion scene. But if you go there on any day and you're gonna see NY skaters all chillin in the front chill skatin and whatnot...supreme is still NYC skate scene.

I was in the line for mad long too. Got there at 9 AM and didn't get inside until like 4.

Everyone there that camped over night prolly got the best shit, most of the people came out with trash bags full of shit. I didn't see any kids get jacked for their shit but there was a couple arguments, funniest shit involved this fat kid smackin another kid who got thrown out the line.

And one kid that had got there before me started crying after waiting for like 7 hours and then he just got up and left when he was right near the door, dumbass.

By the time I got in most of the sizes I was looking for and people who I had planned picking up stuff for was gone. For anyone that PM'd me, sorry. Only found a couple things in my own size, most of the selection was XL.

And one kid that had got there before me started crying after waiting for like 7 hours and then he just got up and left when he was right near the door, dumbass

That kid was annoying, I was right behind him listening to him wine..wah, wah.

Check hypebeast, there's someone on there that posted some pickups for sale - Supreme Team sweater, camo t's in black and grey, star belt, etc.

Doors were open from 11-6. Got a pair of black denim in a 30 and a black floral bucket cap if your interested. If no one buys the denim i'll have it altered and taken in. Really baggy fit.

That kid was annoying, I was right behind him listening to him wine..wah, wah.

Yeah, that kid was annoying the hell out of me, I got there after him originally but by the time we were by the door I was ahead of him, because he was a bitch and letting everyone push him out of the way.

You probably saw me, I was wearing a grey Spiewak duffle coat and a black hoodie.

That's some pretty interesting talk for someone who is reselling gear less than a day after the warehouse sale.

FTR, the latest catalog featured Eli Reed, one of the illest skateboarders on the East Coast.

No matter what resellers do, Supreme will still be about skateboarding.

So, this warehouse sale isn't just a one day deal?

it's gonna go on for a week?

ill be checking it out

hopefully i can get some caps and whatnot

yeah

maybe they are only releasing a small amt of stuff everyday

i'll be sure to pack some 30 gallon forceflex garbage bags when i go

i love reading hypebeast forum about this sale kids all saying how shit all stock is etc,im sorry but what the fuck were they expecting to be in there?saying that there need for overbrand dose seem ridiculosly high,seems from pics theres lots plain stuff in the sale so would suit the normal supreme wearer.just wish id been in NY a month earlier really.apparently supreme have the space for a month so it could well go on for some time.

That's exactly why I was a member. I was banned for criticizing people in the WDYWT thread about their fits and also for the brands that they were wearing (The Hundreds, 10 Deep, Crooks and Castles, etc.). I tried my best to knock some sense into those kids. The thing that really gets me about the HB forums is that it is supposed to be a fashion forum, yet only a handful of the members are actually fashionable.

All of the best HB members post over here anyways.

lol yea its a los cause as its all about a show of consumer items rather than how the items look,everyones got a street persona which makes it even funnier as the chips on the shoulders are huge so theres no telling them any thing,far as they concered more branding=more status!its hilarious.

That's exactly why I was a member. I was banned for criticizing people in the WDYWT thread about their fits and also for the brands that they were wearing (The Hundreds, 10 Deep, Crooks and Castles, etc.). I tried my best to knock some sense into those kids.

Dude, it's HYPEBEAST, what did you expect the kids to wear? Margiela? Raf?