1st Ever Supreme Warehouse/sample Sale!! (is Hell Freezing Over?)

Selegna

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually to lazy to stand around and deal with all the hype but I might just check this out. I'll probally take the day off since it's slow at my job. Who's going?

i'm not doing anything else, and i wanna go. but i really don't think i'll actually get in the door without getting in line for an hour.

It's weird. I know that often stores get stuff lost in warehouses or even hold stuff for later/shipping to other stores, etc. and end up with some crazy stuff left over. I know that at Conveyor (the shoe store) in Fred Segal, and at Brooklyn Projects on Melrose, they would bring out some crazy "surprise" shit for their sales, like rare dunks that sold out, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few damn good finds in there, although It would be silly to expect any Kate Moss t's, etc. Any intelligent Supreme employee would have grabbed anything amazing and flipped it on e-bay if they had any sense.

I'm not expecting anything cool really since more than likely the dude's friends will grab anything before they even open.

seenmy yeah very worrying, i hope it's just an unfounded rumor... the only way it'd be at all palatable is if they're selling to someone legit (Stussy's the only one i can think of that has the rep and the dough) and Jebbia's still directing. If he completely gets out somehow, then it's over. dude is the architect, the mastermind

yea i mean if it was stussy it be ok as the 2 companies have closely linked from the begining,so i think very little would change,i doubt wed be so luky though,i mean supreme must turn over some money,whch makes me think it have to be a big offer for jebbia to want to sell up.

I really hope it dosent happen id much rather supreme stay difficult for me to get and see in the flesh than see it in every half baked urban store across the globe.id also be very worried on the quality and the production side as again if they changed suppliers supreme would not be same for me as i buy it predominatly forthe cut.

im keeping my fingers crossed

,its the bad side of the exposure its gained now teamed with streetwears(i hate that word) growing mainstream presence it makes the real companines ripe for anyone wanting to buy instant authenticity,that box logo is a licence to effectivly print money for a few years!and the people buying it undoubtedly know this.

I've heard from reliable sources within the industry that Supreme is being bought my Mike Jeffries for a nine figure sum and will be positioned globally as a skateboard/lifestyle brand geared towards a similar demographic as A&F. So yeah, I guess everyone has a price.

nine figure sum? i HIGHLY doubt that. so supreme is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and is up there with the worth of myspace and similar ilk? yeah right.

I just got back from New York so I'm pretty bummed I wasn't there long enough to make the sale. Anyone who's willing to pick a few things up for me then PM me...I'll throw in some good money your way so let me know.... I'd also be willing to pick anything up you'd like if there's anything of your interest going on in LA....