hermes question

Guest jmatsu

i have no experience with hermes. i have inherited an ancient messenger (the likes of the canvas tote) bag, but a couple of the buttons fell off and were lost.

does anyone know where i can buy them? is it possible to get hermes to replace them and repair the bag (i don't have the reciepts) like lv or gucci does?

usually they do,go to an official hermes store thats the best way.you got to pay "a little";)

yeah i figured this, but i have called a couple stores and they've given me various answers. a couple in japan said that they would have to send it to france, while a couple in the u.s. said that they do in house. just wondering if anyone had any experience in doing this.

thanks.

I believe the NYC store is one of the few that have a master craftsman on site who will do repairs, but it's most likely that the bag will be sent off to Paris for any refurbishment. No receipts are required as long as the piece is authentic, but you will likely have to pay for any work and materials, the cost of which they will communicate up front to you. It may take some time to get it back as well, but it's Hermes--'nuff said.