New Samurai model?

RedHeadedStranger

OK, so I was all set to grab a pair of these when they arrive at BIG this month, but now I've just learned of the SDA D1293's, and now I don't know which ones to get.

The only real denim I have right now is a 4 month old pair of SD103's which fit and look great, but I wanted my next pair to be a heavier denim, and I've been swayed by SF Samurai love, which is why I was gung-ho for the S710XX's. Now I'm not so sure...

Any thoughts? (and please don't say both...)

Thanks!

get ready...

gordon was saying samurai is making a 21 oz model in the spring. as much as i love the sda 21oz, its too much like the iron hearts. samurai is always doing something interesting with their jeans, so i'd like to see what they try and do with a 21oz jean

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

any word on what the fit will be like on those 21 oz.? I'd be all for some sams of that weight, but if it's some anti-fit, big legged thing i'd be wasting my time getting all excited about them.

• 2 weeks later...

we got these at Self Edge today, but with no Tabs.

Arcuates intact.

I've heard different things from people. Are these slimmer than the s0500s?

I've heard different things from people. Are these slimmer than the s0500s?

Yes they are.

Not sure the exact measurements, but off the top of my head because I have both.

- about a cm slimmer in the thigh.

- a cm smaller leg opening.

- i think the taper starts a little bit higher in the 710s... someone correct me if im wrong.

Id measure my pairs, but Ive worn the 710s around, and not the 500s. So the fitting isnt deadstock measurements.

Chponglasia i want to know how they fit on you too, height/weight woudl be extra nice if you dont mind

TO ALL: im 6ft 155lbs and just got my size 30w s710s, THEY ARE FUCKING TIGHT! i can barely sit down, button them(partly due to the super-tough/thick denim, and trying to get my hands into the front pockets is a lost cause

these are my first serious japanese, heavyweight, no-nonsense jeans

should i wear them to soak to prevent them from shrinking to the point i cant even fit into them? what about after a wash? should i return them and size up 1? i may just be paranoid, but seeing as how thick and armour like they are, im not sure how much/easily theyll stretch out, or if theyll fit after a wash at all

SAMURAI OWNERS/EXPERTS HELP

ill post pics later on for a better idea of how they fit

I only own the black samurais but mine where super tight and stiff and I couldnt do the buttons without hurting fingers, I soaked em and stretched em out and now they are great, I dropped from my natural 31 down to a 29. I know its a bit worrying but they will stretch and soften. Mine are 17oz so I expect you will be ok.

viv,so you mean youre a natural 31w and your sammies are tagged 29w? if thats the case and they fit you nicely/comfortably now then awesome

howd you soak them? while wearing? hanger in the waist? by themselves?

have you given them a formal wash yet? if so fit afterwards?

dont really plan to wash em for some time, just a soak with a 15.5 piece of wood in the waist band. I took that out for em to dry so I think they still shrank a bit. But they are stretching out fine. I think next time Ill soak then wear em wet to stretch the waist out again or soak the waist before I stretch it.

Unless I piss myself or want to shed a load of indigo ( not applicable to my sammies ) im probably not going to throw em in a hot wash, just a warm hand wash for me, unless im near the coast......

If you are worried about them shrinking back to tag size when you do wash em as long as you wear em for a good while and stretch em out they probably wont get back to tag size unless you do super long hot soaks.

Congrats on a nice first pair.

Dino: I'm curious to see how they look on you as i'm similar size to you except about 5 lbs more. Did you size down at all?

awesome, thanks viv, poly, i was buggin out hardcore but im feeling a bit better now

i actually went down for the first time with my samurai black. i'm a 30 and went to 29...couldn't button them in the store raw, went home soaked, wore them, and now they're fine, actually could have gone smaller...

Dino: I'm curious to see how they look on you as i'm similar size to you except about 5 lbs more. Did you size down at all?

my weight tends to fluctuate a good bit, some weeks as low as 150, others up around 160, maybe its the munchies? but anywho, yeah im a natural 31w and sized down to a 30, check back tomorrow night and hopefully ill have some pics up for you, ive a mean essay to write tonight though for english class, so no time for photoshoots

i actually went down for the first time with my samurai black. i'm a 30 and went to 29...couldn't button them in the store raw, went home soaked, wore them, and now they're fine, actually could have gone smaller...

awesome! like i said up there^ i sized down one, so im thinking i should be fine now after all this testimonial, trying to button them raw was a fucking pain, hardly got it