RedHeadedStranger

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rakuten?

no where in the US thats for sure =P

www.selfedge.com ;)

So this is the recontinued version of the 505?

I keep reading people say it is, but just want to get complete verification.

Either way, its their slim cut. 7.5 leg opening, somewhat relaxed in the thigh, and one pair of denim I wish/hope to have another pair of.

If only they made them with a 34inseam, or even a 32, Id be really happy. Im tall, but I wouldnt mind having a lot of slouch with these.

stuntastic:

no, this is not the old 505XX. but it is the same cut with 19oz denim.

all sammy's come with a 36 inch inseam so you have nothing to worry about. in fact, you might want to get them hemmed, if you're not into cuffing or stacking.

if you get your jeans at BiG, they stitch them for free on their vintage union special.

Very odd that every place is saying these are brand new.. We've had these exactly jeans in stock at Self Edge for two months. same model, same denim, same black arches etc..

710 != 505

You guys think they would make a new model name just for fun? They're similar but not the same.

Yeah, the cut may be a bit different now that I read through the page. The translation comes up with "It is the thinness which is close to samurai S0505XX" whereas the S710WX translation says "As for silhouette the same as S0710BK and S0505XX, thin straight." Though, I guess its kinda hard to tell with translations :P

Yeah, the cut may be a bit different now that I read through the page. The translation comes up with "It is the thinness which is close to samurai S0505XX" whereas the S710WX translation says "As for silhouette the same as S0710BK and S0505XX, thin straight." Though, I guess its kinda hard to tell with translations :P

yeah, but even if the cut was exactly the same it doesn't mean that the S0710 is the S0505. Different details, different denim etc. There's more than one thing that makes a pair of jeans.

It is wrong to say that the 710 is the __ of the 505, instead you should say it is the same/a similar cut.

yeah, but even if the cut was exactly the same it doesn't mean that the S0710 is the S0505. Different details, different denim etc. There's more than one thing that makes a pair of jeans.

It is wrong to say that the 710 is the __ of the 505, instead you should say it is the same/a similar cut.

i don't think many people give a shit about the denim. maybe denim weight, but i don't think there are many people that pay much attention to the denim. I think people are mainly excited because of the slim fit.

Guest jeffvyain

and the buttons!

we'll see how money treats me over the next few weeks. i may have to actually purchase these...i was planning on holding off for a while, but i've been pissed at myself ever since i passed up the 505s

The WX is 15 oz, these are 19 oz. They have the black arc like the WX. The WX is red/blue selvage though, and these are blue/blue. And yeah, no red tab.

*these had the silver "sword" selvage, not blue/blue

observe:

kizi01.jpg

^taken from the BiG site

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I was all set to grab a pair of these when they arrive at BIG this month, but now I've just learned of the SDA D1293's, and now I don't know which ones to get.

The only real denim I have right now is a 4 month old pair of SD103's which fit and look great, but I wanted my next pair to be a heavier denim, and I've been swayed by SF Samurai love, which is why I was gung-ho for the S710XX's. Now I'm not so sure...

Any thoughts? (and please don't say both...)

Thanks!