Best place to buy Sugar Cane online?

Guest Raul

Maybe Caliroots in Sweden? It's Christmas sale at the moment:

http://caliroots.com/system/search/search.asp?manuid=154

please do not buy anything from caliroots, most overpriced sugar cane on the planes.

Edit:

How aobut kitmeout.com for samurai is that good?

i take back what i said, this site is an even bigger ripoff than caliroots, a mere 300% mark-up from japanese retail...

really?i never had problems.which ones is cheaper in europe?

is not that caliroots is not a good site, it's just that the price they charge is outrageous. the charge 3 times as much as it would cost you to order from rakuten or 2000db for a pair of 47, which i think is pretty much theft.

In my experience 2000DB, Mil-mil (for Sugar Cane ) and Blue in Greene are all superb !

For anything other than Sugar Cane 2000DB is probably lowest cost, biggest range ( as he can get pretty well anything ) and brilliant service, BIG are fantastic service and if you're unsure of size you can exchange, and believe me I know from experience how much that's worth !

The "do-it-yourself" directly from Rakuten is easily the least expensive.

There is no doubt that 2000dB is offering a great service. But for easily to ordered and readily available items such as Canes, you can do it yourself without much trouble.

There are no middle man fees. Only price, VISA conversion charge ( 2%) and shipping.

The pair I ordered from Earthmarket, all told, chain stitched to exact length, was less than $150.

So, I have a dumb question. If you buy items in the UK, for example, that are shipped out, you are not liable for VAT. If you buy direct from the Japan mail-order house, do you pay the sales tax or not?

I presume that any buyer (2000db, for example) would have to pay the tax, but I was unclear if mail-order purchases are charged the tax or not.

Thanks.