getting my wisdom teeth pulled

Aeros

Wisdom teeth = no fun. I got all mine out in one operation, plus I had a traumatic cyst from when I broke my jaw, so they had to biopsy that to see if it was cancerous (it wasn't.) I had it all done on nothing but valium and numbing shots bc I hallucinate on nitrous oxide.

I've had a handful of other jaw surgeries, two where I was wired shut completely, so if you need any good recipies, let me know.

when my brother had his out, he asked me to put vodka in the jell-o i made him, haha

if the healing process is particularly bad, your doctor can insert these little pieces of gauze that taste like cloves into your wound...they'll chill there for a few days and then he/she will take them out, but I found it reaaally helped numb the pain and stop food from getting stuck in there.

one of my wisdom teeth was so big it had to be broken into three pieces before it could be removed...eughghghgh.

I didn't need a lot of my Vicodin after I had mine pulled. So I saved them for a really substance-laden celebratory post-finals week.

Haha...Vicodin makes me pretty sick so every op I have, there is so much left over. I usually throw it out, though, esp. since the last time it was liquid and began to look all crystallized after some time. I can't bring myself to abuse the stuff; I would vomit first! Ohhh...I should have sold it to you.

My wisdoms grew in horizontally rather than vertically, so they had to slice open my gums, crack the teefs into little pieces and then remove them. Good times watching the blood spurt out onto the oral surgeon's mask. Sounds bad, but I was fine in a few days, but I actually never took any pain killers, etc.

Mine are horizontal as well, all 4 of them.

Dammmitttttt

Guest '___________________'

You mothafuckas got duped by western medicine and insurance companies. No need to get Wisdom Teeth out, just a new bullshit practice alongside overmedicating.

-'_____________________'

Nah the only thing that bothered me when my w.tooth got pulled out was the blood after the procedure. I had to place / replace cotton balls where it was sewn to absorb the blood. Tasted weird for a few hours.

And having to chew using only one side of your mouth

No need to get Wisdom Teeth out, just a new bullshit practice alongside overmedicating.

Eh. To each his own. But say that again when you've got a tooth growing into your cheek, scraping your mouth up. Doc tried to convince me to get them all out pre-emptive strike and all, I only opted for the one. And that was all that was necessary for a while. And then all of a sudden, the others started to cause their own set of problems...

If you said what you did about tonsils, I'd be right there with you; but wisdom teeth are unpredictable little fuckers.

The last time I went to the dentist, he said all of my wisdom teeth are growing in straight, and they're lookin' good. But then he said if I ever ever let anything happen to them, any cavities, or anything, he'll take them out faster then I can think. :(

all 4 of mine were impacted and they had to chop bone and shit to get them out... 3 vicodin 10's and half a bottle of wild turkey later that evening and I didn't even remember having surgery earlier that day! The next couple days were uncomfortable at worst, no big deal.

and for everyone that hates their vicodin, send them to me...

no, really. :)

You mothafuckas got duped by western medicine and insurance companies. No need to get Wisdom Teeth out, just a new bullshit practice alongside overmedicating.

-'_____________________'

prophylactic wisdom toof removal safeguards $$$$$ spent on orthodontia.

duh.

(dad was dentist; i had wisdoms out by dad's colleague for no $$ and no insurance reporting; if you're right, why would that happen?)

have still got all mine. was suggested to get them removed but i didnt bother. the bottom right one took about five years to get through my gum and the left is just starting.

i think the top ones may have moved my teeth about a bit.. but fuck it.

The best part of wisdom teeth are the drugs you get afterwards! Also lots of ice cream which is always a plus.

Eh, vicodin isn't that great. Wish I would've gotten something better.

I really don't like ice cream all that much, either.

Today, four days after my surgery, I smoked.. & drank out of a straw.

Fuck it. I'm gonna go take the rest of my vicodin.

I got 5 (five) wisdom teeth pulled last summer. If you hadn't made a date yet I would have recommended doing it over the summer when you didn't have to go to class looking jacked.

My case was a bit extraordinary since I had an extra tooth, and my painkillers didn't work for me... so this might not apply to you. Basically I was out of commission for a few days, and didn't look normal for 2 weeks I think, could have been 3.

Don't drink anything hot like broth or tea the day you get your teeth out, I think your surgeon will tell you this, but it may make your throw up (it did for me.) Torrent some good movies, or get into a tv show. While I had my teeth out I watched all of Twin Peaks so do something similar that will keep you occupied.

Also, make sure you shave like the day of or before, because you won't feel like shaving while your face is all puffy.

I drank nothing but broth the day I got my teeth out. I don't think they ever told me not to.. but they were also total assholes. They really didn't give any instructions besides "take the medicine & go to sleep."

The television show suggestion is a good one. I watched the first three seasons of Entourage while trying to forget I had four gaping holes in my mouth.

is it bad if you leave them in your mouth?

cause 3 of them are protruding and i've never felt pain just yet.

the upper left hand side of my mouth however the gums basically about to fall off cause the whole molar is coming out...

the dentist told me i shoudl get xrays asap to see if they're normal... but no money! >:o

My lower ones are gone and now in a special place, the upper ones are still there and my dentists thought it would be better to leave them there for a bit as they were grown into/onto some nerves and there was a slight chance of me losing the feeling in my upper lip after surgery.

Thanks but no thanks, I've got some more kissing to do...