What do you do for a living?

mufid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work for my dad...

my dad is a fully licensed contractor and i work in a kitchen cabinet/coutnertop store. we do customized cabinets and countertops.

i don't like my job, but i get $15/hr AND commission if i make a sale, so it's not all that bad i guess.

i'm a professional broke ass health field student who works for slave wages counting pills and giving addicts their fix while spending money on things I really don't need in between being stingy and saving

sounds like my life in another year. cheers.

TV/Advertising/ Comm Design Undergrad

Shop Assistant/ HIGHWAY 7 Brisbane

GET OUT NOW!! There is no money in tv, except advertising sales, which means you have to deal with used car salesmen all day. It's somewhat rewarding knowing that the stuff I do can be seen in 80 million households, but only like 5 people actually watch, and the "producers" get the credit.

Just remember the old saying-"If you go to work and your name is on the building, you're rich. If your name is on your desk, you're middle class. If your name is on your stuff, you're poor."

Don't know who said it, but it's true. That's why I printed a sign with my name on it for my desk in my cubicle.

Anyone studying English?

Just recently decided to major in English, just because of the fact that I read so much it's not even funny.

Anyway, I cashier at a food store called stop and shop here in NJ. There's so much white trash that comes into the store that I should just start taking pictures and making a book. I hate the job, but love the atmosphere.