Denim for tall guys

zenstro

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most pairs of jeans that come in a single inseam come in 33-34, this includes stuff from Eternal, Sugarcane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, 45rpm, damn near everyone. Stuff that comes in multiple inseams you can normally find in a 32 (Kicking Mule for example, or Nudie, or Rag & Bone, or 5EP).

Anyway, I'm 6'0 but prefer an inseam greater than 34. I've narrowed my options to the following

Samurai (36" post shrink)

Somet (~35-36" sanforized)

Skull (looks like some models come in a longer inseam)

Paul Smith (MIJ is 36" post shrink, MIC is 35" sanforized, I think)

Imperial (38" sanforized)

Dior (think these are 38" sanforized too)

APC (think these are 36" sanforized)

May have missed some.

I'm gonna have to measure my Imperials...because they really don't seem that long to me (38 that is).

I'm all over the place with my next purchase...I have a new favourite everyday. Right now its between Samurai 5000 (maybe black or the ltd. khaki colour), Somet or Sugarcane 55's (if I buy the waist a bit bigger they just barely long enough).

Most pairs of jeans that come in a single inseam come in 33-34, this includes stuff from Eternal, Sugarcane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, 45rpm, damn near everyone. Stuff that comes in multiple inseams you can normally find in a 32 (Kicking Mule for example, or Nudie, or Rag & Bone, or 5EP).

Anyway, I'm 6'0 but prefer an inseam greater than 34. I've narrowed my options to the following

Samurai (36" post shrink)

Somet (~35-36" sanforized)

Skull (looks like some models come in a longer inseam)

Paul Smith (MIJ is 36" post shrink, MIC is 35" sanforized, I think)

Imperial (38" sanforized)

Dior (think these are 38" sanforized too)

APC (think these are 36" sanforized)

May have missed some.

FH say 36-37.5 in inseam on the SE site, depending on the waist. abaliwas - you cna always just get the jeans you want and like and bring them to a tailor (a GOOD tailor) to have them hemmed depending on how you want them to fit. its only like $15-$20 depending on where you go.

How have I only just found this thread?! I'm like 6'6" with longish legs, I find 36 inseams to be okay. I have a pair of nudies in 36 and imperials which are about the same.

The worst thing about being tall, is all the people that feel obliged to say "gee your tall" NO SHIT DICK HEAD!

Hahaha! I know holy fuck, it's sooo annoying.

Oh yeah, about tailoring pants...

my friend told me to take the pants flip them inside out draw a line where you want to hem them to or whatever and then pin them, then continue to use the sewing machine on them. Is this legit? He said it is real tedius, and i am wondering if they are going to come out sketchy or not.

FH say 36-37.5 in inseam on the SE site, depending on the waist. abaliwas - you cna always just get the jeans you want and like and bring them to a tailor (a GOOD tailor) to have them hemmed depending on how you want them to fit. its only like $15-$20 depending on where you go.

what's FH?

Guest StuckOnStupid

i lost about an inch on my new standards, but i washed/dryed on hot so thats par for the course...they are just barely long enough now(im 6'5) i have another pair and im gonna wash cold and air dry when that comes. my kicking mules are about a 37.5, perfect lenghth.

i lost about an inch on my new standards, but i washed/dryed on hot so thats par for the course...they are just barely long enough now(im 6'5) i have another pair and im gonna wash cold and air dry when that comes. my kicking mules are about a 37.5, perfect lenghth.

What is the name of your model of kicking mules?

AAHHH NO ONES ANSWERING MY QUESTION!

I have to return my rescues by tomorrow or theyll never make it in time for the refund or exchange. QUESTION: Do any of the APC Jeans have a 36 inseam besides the rescues!?!

THANKX

I think ALL APC jeans have the same inseam length, new sstandards to for sure, but mine shrank about an inch to around 35.5 making htem too short for me...

As a few people on here know already my most favorite jeans line is Soviet jeans but the good news is they do tall denim.

I am 34 waist and 36 inseam and contact them www.sovietdenimshop.com and they referred me to one of their clients I guess http://averytallman.com/products/brand.asp?brand=Soviet who they make custom denim for. Avery Tallman sells Soviet in waist size 34, 36, 38 and 40 and 34, 36, 38 and 40 inseams. Soviet has plain and funky jeans and the fabric is excellent Italian type denim but the fit is the best for me being tall and all. I went to an American Idol concert and everyone loved the jeans. Just make sure you measure you favorite pair and tell them the exact waist size so they can compare to what they have since all brands are different now because of different cuts and styles. Hope this is helpful.

As a few people on here know already my most favorite jeans line is Soviet jeans but the good news is they do tall denim.

I am 34 waist and 36 inseam and contact them www.sovietdenimshop.com and they referred me to one of their clients I guess http://averytallman.com/products/brand.asp?brand=Soviet who they make custom denim for. Avery Tallman sells Soviet in waist size 34, 36, 38 and 40 and 34, 36, 38 and 40 inseams. Soviet has plain and funky jeans and the fabric is excellent Italian type denim but the fit is the best for me being tall and all. I went to an American Idol concert and everyone loved the jeans. Just make sure you measure you favorite pair and tell them the exact waist size so they can compare to what they have since all brands are different now because of different cuts and styles. Hope this is helpful.

i want you to go out into your backyard

when you get there

dig a hole

a very deep hole

bury yourself

that is all.

Big Fellas,

got my skulls, (5010xx long inseam) and they are a good lengh, I would say comparable to my imperials or nudie 36L, longer than APC. If anyone wants japanese jeans with long inseams jump on these.

Ah finally found another pair of 511 skinny's 34x36

is everyone feelin my pain? I feel so insecure about my height lately.. oh well:(

stand tall brother... would you rather me overly tall or overly short?

unknown_short_and_tall_man.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any other luck sourcing long, slim Japanese denim, I wish there was a way to get SDA-103s in a longer inseam, or maybe the omnigods? Wonder haow many peeps we would need for speacial order!