Denim for tall guys

zenstro

I actually have some levi's denim, I have 2 pairs. The skinny 511's stretch which are a little tighter than I like, and they also have a low rise that is just bareable but i'd like more room for my jules. The 2nd pair I have are 514's in normal denim, the rise on them is absurdly low and I do suffer from cramped package area even when I sag them.. i do though still wear them because they're practically all I've got. It's going to be real tough to find cheaper denim that fits me!:(

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have some levi's denim, I have 2 pairs. The skinny 511's stretch which are a little tighter than I like, and they also have a low rise that is just bareable but i'd like more room for my jules. The 2nd pair I have are 514's in normal denim, the rise on them is absurdly low and I do suffer from cramped package area even when I sag them.. i do though still wear them because they're practically all I've got. It's going to be real tough to find cheaper denim that fits me!:(

What's your jean budget? If you've got the cash to blow...Dior's are really long too, but one of the most expensive options.

I'd say anything under 90$

Oh....well, you can scratch the samurai, dior, imperials, and pretty mucn any other japanese or premium brand...sometimes you can snag some good deals on APC's on ebay, and Cheap Monday has a few models that are decent (although most are crazy skinny), and they're very inexpensive.

Thanks man, but what about tops? I have so many pieces from AA, but that shit has lost it's edge plus most of it is made very poorly, it shrinks like no other. AA has good fit but I wish there were tall sizes of it so I could keep my shit slim and extra long at the same time for my tallness.

trust me my friend, i know exactly how you feel. i'm 6'7", rail thin, and finding jeans is quite the pain in the ass sometimes. i wear around the same size as you. i suggest levi's capital E stacked skinny, or the Nudie Thin Finn or Slim Jim (and maybe when the High Kai or Grim Tim come out, those as well). i have a pair of H&M sliq's that are good kick around raw jeans, and i'm working them something fierce right now, they fit great, though they do stretch a lot. anyways, heres a list of brands that work for me, and should usually work for all tall guys like us -

- Nudie Slim Jim/Thin Finn (sizing depends on the wash)

- Levi's Capital E Stacked Skinny/LVC 47xxx (a little baggier, but nice denim)

- H&M Sliq raw

- Imperial Dukes (like Gilead said)

- Ernest Sewn (not baggy, but not tight, nonetheless nice)

- Diesel Viker'

- A.P.C. new cure/new standard (word of advice, if you buy them marked 36, its really a 38, so always size down 2 from your waist - meaning a 34 in this case)

- and if you're lucky, japanese brands such as Flat Head, Evisu, Iron Army, Samurai, Julian Red, etc. etc. wherever you can find them stocked will come in larger sizes.

good luck, i know i still need it

Thin Finn's come in inseams over 36?? I got new standards a month ago and they were only 35" inseam so that's not going to work for him.

Thin Finn's come in inseams over 36?? I got new standards a month ago and they were only 35" inseam so that's not going to work for him.

matthewizzo.com

azaleaonline.com

revolveclothing.com

bluebee.com

these sites have nudie's stocked waists up to 36, inseams usually to 34. i got my slim jim black blacks from revolve in 36x34. i've seen finn's in 36x34 on those sites, bluebee has them dry, as well as revolve, but matthewizzo only stocks up to 34x34 in dry, and 36x34 finn's in prewash. azalea stocks APC up to 36 (i'm gonna be getting a 34 cause you always size down two from what i've been told about them). i wear a 34 inseam, usually i have to cuff my raw jeans if their marked 34, so he should be fine.

Thanks man, but what about tops? I have so many pieces from AA, but that shit has lost it's edge plus most of it is made very poorly, it shrinks like no other. AA has good fit but I wish there were tall sizes of it so I could keep my shit slim and extra long at the same time for my tallness.

What's AA? I was talking about APC (www.apc.fr). Anyway, someone said their APC's were only 35" inseam, so that might not work for you...all depends on what the waist was that they purchased, because I believe I read that under 30" waists have shorter inseams. The people at APC in NYC are very nice if you call them.

What's AA? I was talking about APC (www.apc.fr). Anyway, someone said their APC's were only 35" inseam, so that might not work for you...all depends on what the waist was that they purchased, because I believe I read that under 30" waists have shorter inseams. The people at APC in NYC are very nice if you call them.

AA = American Apparel, my bad.

Uh yeah 35 inseam might be okay. And I'm pretty much broke though because I'm not even paying for the jeans, if it was up to me i'd drop more bills on a nice pair but that aint the case... my birthday is comin up.

AA = American Apparel, my bad.

Uh yeah 35 inseam might be okay. And I'm pretty much broke though because I'm not even paying for the jeans, if it was up to me i'd drop more bills on a nice pair but that aint the case... my birthday is comin up.

I agree with you on the American Apparel comments...

...and not all of us can afford $300 jeans, so you're not alone. Troll around on ebay and see what you can find...you never know. Good luck!

That APC model dude on the website makes me proud to be tall.. I hate being so much bigger than everyone most of the time.

I like being tall...mind you, I'm only 6'2, so I'm short in comparison with some of you boys. Its a pain in the ass finding jeans that fit right, but it makes me appreciate the pairs that do even more.:D

get into the gym. slim down, start getting smaller sizes, feel better about yourself.

speaking of which, i need to hit up the gym, ive been too sick recently to go :(

how i look doesnt make me feel depressed. just sux when a regular xl shirt comes up inches short because of height. or a 32 or 31 inseam floods when u sit down. thats what sux about being tall.. u can't work off being tall..

Dam, it's like walking through a forest of redwoods. It's no easy pickings for me either. I'm 5'9", 178lbs, but to be able to fit into jeans that I like, I have to either lose 40lbs or grow half a foot?!?!

Quality denim's tricky on a budget. You should save up your $$$ and get a pair of Ande Whalls when he starts up V4. He makes his jeans to measure, including the inseam (up to 38 inches).

There was also that other thread with that japanese made-to-order jeans service, but those jeans are like $400 each.:eek:

alot of you taller people are pretty lucky compared to me. im like 5'5" and im around a 30-32 in length and usually alot of the denim i want are up in the 36's.

it would be great if any one can hook it up with some names of denim i can get, just PM me because i do not want to start a whole new converation in a thread about longer denim. haha

alot of you taller people are pretty lucky compared to me. im like 5'5" and im around a 30-32 in length and usually alot of the denim i want are up in the 36's.

it would be great if any one can hook it up with some names of denim i can get, just PM me because i do not want to start a whole new converation in a thread about longer denim. haha

thats odd considering standard inseams on jeans usually only range between 30 and 36, but on models with 30-32 waist you normall only see 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 lengths. what brands are you looking into?

Buy them from 'Blue in Green" and have them hemmed. Problem solved.

I see no reason why people with shorter inseams should be complaining. As long as you can find your waist size, you can have the jeans hemmed...guys with longer inseams don't really have any other option, other than wearing floods or sagging them under your ass...neither of which are my personal style.

I see no reason why people with shorter inseams should be complaining. As long as you can find your waist size, you can have the jeans hemmed...guys with longer inseams don't really have any other option, other than wearing floods or sagging them under your ass...neither of which are my personal style.

Hey, I'll complain about the fact that you guys never have to worry about being 'too short' for a particular chick (I have female friends 5'2 and refuse to go out with a man shorter than 6'! wtf?:( ). I'll complain about the fact that you guys can actually touch the hoop of a basket ball ring without the aid of a ladder or trampoline. I'll complain about the fact that you can breath the fresh air above the heads of us normal sized people in a mosh pit, while I get stuck sucking down the underarm BO of the fug in front of me. I'll complain about the fact that no one will see your bald spot because only Paul Bunyan can see over your head.

But I won't complain about long inseams. :D

Hey, I'll complain about the fact that you guys never have to worry about being 'too short' for a particular chick (I have female friends 5'2 and refuse to go out with a man shorter than 6'! wtf?:( ). I'll complain about the fact that you guys can actually touch the hoop of a basket ball ring without the aid of a ladder or trampoline. I'll complain about the fact that you can breath the fresh air above the heads of us normal sized people in a mosh pit, while I get stuck sucking down the underarm BO of the fug in front of me. I'll complain about the fact that no one will see your bald spot because only Paul Bunyan can see over your head.

haha points - one downside though - we get the rain before you all down there do

How have I only just found this thread?! I'm like 6'6" with longish legs, I find 36 inseams to be okay. I have a pair of nudies in 36 and imperials which are about the same.

The worst thing about being tall, is all the people that feel obliged to say "gee your tall" NO SHIT DICK HEAD!

How have I only just found this thread?! I'm like 6'6" with longish legs, I find 36 inseams to be okay. I have a pair of nudies in 36 and imperials which are about the same.

The worst thing about being tall, is all the people that feel obliged to say "gee your tall" NO SHIT DICK HEAD!

i hear that - i get it at least 20 times a day. 6'7" is tall, yeah, we know, you don't need to tell me - i'm the one thats that tall...

Fair enough...I'll get what you need off the top shelf when you get me upgraded to business class so I can fit my legs in between the seats.;)

thats odd considering standard inseams on jeans usually only range between 30 and 36, but on models with 30-32 waist you normall only see 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 lengths. what brands are you looking into?

you said some are a 30-32 length, but i never really see them. is it because i am mainly looking into flat head, iron heart, samurai, and dior?? but if there are any others that are around the smaller side, please let me know.

one can just pm me this info because again, i dont want to carry this thread into a different subject. thanks for the help.

Most pairs of jeans that come in a single inseam come in 33-34, this includes stuff from Eternal, Sugarcane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, 45rpm, damn near everyone. Stuff that comes in multiple inseams you can normally find in a 32 (Kicking Mule for example, or Nudie, or Rag & Bone, or 5EP).

Anyway, I'm 6'0 but prefer an inseam greater than 34. I've narrowed my options to the following

Samurai (36" post shrink)

Somet (~35-36" sanforized)

Skull (looks like some models come in a longer inseam)

Paul Smith (MIJ is 36" post shrink, MIC is 35" sanforized, I think)

Imperial (38" sanforized)

Dior (think these are 38" sanforized too)

APC (think these are 36" sanforized)

May have missed some.