superdupersang

headphones to get  

162 members have voted

1. 1. headphones to get

• shure e2c
    • entymotic er6
    • Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
    • other (please specify)

Open headphones aren't for me, i don't use headphones at home and only use them on airplanes, vacation, trips, etc.. Places where there are others around me. You combine open cans with a portable amp and a person that likes it loud and you have a lot of annoyed people around you.

How are Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10? Shure wants $200 to replace the left earbud on my SE425. I can get the UE for close to $150.

Should be wary of their fit though. They're pretty large buds, and after owning a set twice (bought, sold, bought again and sold again) I had the worst time getting them to fit right. I tried different tips as well. I wouldn't consider my ears small, just average but these things were really uncomfortable after a few hours of use. And they would always get loose if I did any moving around which kind of defeated the purpose of IEMs for me.

They can be found cheap though and are amazing for the price, just YMMV on comfort.

Edited by Method

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone recommend a pair of the in the ear headphones. I do a lot of running so they need to stay in the ear and be not to bulky. I was using a pair of Bose IE2's but they have just gone on me. I found their bas response excellent but the mid was a bit flat so the sound wasnt quite as balanced or dynamic as I wanted overall. I want something that sounds a little more rounded but still punchy if anyone knows what I mean.

Anyone recommend a pair of the in the ear headphones. I do a lot of running so they need to stay in the ear and be not to bulky. I was using a pair of Bose IE2's but they have just gone on me. I found their bas response excellent but the mid was a bit flat so the sound wasnt quite as balanced or dynamic as I wanted overall. I want something that sounds a little more rounded but still punchy if anyone knows what I mean.

S4's or Sony MDR EX300/500 are good

the main thing is they stay in my ears when im running. The Bose were excellent for that i just wasnt completely won over with their overall sound qualities. However if an amazing sounding pair of headphones keep falling out during sport then they are useless to me.

Fischer Audio DBA-02, Shure 315 ( if you can wing it get the 425), Westone um2 would be great a bit above your budget. The Sennheiser IE series is worth a look as well, the IE6 and IE7 are within your budget.

Wouldn't recommend the S4 because I've heard reports of crappy construction and I thought the monster turbines sounded way better at that price range. But I'm not recommending the turbines since they can't be worn around the ear for security while you run.

Edited by saintkeat

Well the S4 I have held up fine…. and the angle they go into your ear is very secure. What I like about the sony's though is that have that design where the cord goes behind your neck and stays out of your way… I also got mine for 25 bucks refurbed and think they sound better than my s4's….. S4's high can be harsh especially if are listening to something of low quality

anyone have brainwavz betas? my old iems broke so i wanted some new budget ones and decided to buy them since they were on sale on mp4nation.

don't have high expectations considering the price but they have good reviews on head-fi

• 3 months later...

xpost

i'm looking to get a decent pair of over-ear headphones for listening to lossless digital/vinyl...

are the grado's a good bet? only going for entry-level so cheaper the better. much appreciable difference between the 60i and the 80i?

a mate got me a pair of monster beats a few years back but they're far too showy for me and i've only ever used them at home, never out and about - want a pair with comparable/better sound quality that won't make me look like lil wayne

• 2 weeks later...

lower end grados are pretty harsh and kind of lacking in the bass department, i wouldn't really recommend them unless you only listen to rock. if you can afford to spend $200 the HD25-1 are great.

Didn't read the whole thread but I'd like to buy some new in-ear (or a very comfy headphones) budget less than $150 (or less) I was really tempted by in-ear dr.dre as so many ppl has them I can't imagine that they are shit-quality (?)

Edited by Mr.Sander

• 3 weeks later...

i just bought these, aiaiai tma 1 studios,

namm-2012-tma-1.jpg

i've heard good things and bad things, has anyone here used them? regardless they'll be better then my random earbuds.

If you just got them, why need opinions? Use them yourself, if you like them keep them and vice versa. Let us know how they sound though, I have always been interested in them.

Hey, ya to me originally w/ the first generation TMA-1's they've always been the most attractive headphone on the market (from my limited knowledge), I was more just curious if anyone had used them.

But, from what I've read, I think its a love - hate relationship, depending really on what music genre you listen to. I will though let you know, however coming from shitty earbuds my whole life, any headphone I'm sure will sound amazing haha

Edited by joeyod007