superdupersang

headphones to get  

162 members have voted

1. 1. headphones to get

• shure e2c
    • entymotic er6
    • Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
    • other (please specify)

why do you need a mic if you say you wont use it? i feel like that limits your choices of headphones

basically, my phone differentiates between 3.5mm inputs as "mic" or "no mic." if there's no mic, it turns the volume to max (for the car's line-in.) with a mic, it sets it to around 50% (ideal headphone volume, for me.) it's really just a creature comfort, and it'd be a minor inconvenience to have to adjust the volume constantly.

Yeah, looked at that, but shipping is 4x more the actual price of the pads lol. Thanks though.

bought the aiaiai tma-1's last week, pretty dope headphones.

Tempted to get them for Christmas! Is it worth it if I already have ATH-M50? I'm thinking about getting those pairs for outing and leaving the ATH for home.

Tempted to get them for Christmas! Is it worth it if I already have ATH-M50? I'm thinking about getting those pairs for outing and leaving the ATH for home.

I've read some forums and they've said the M50 has better sound quality than the TMA-1. Out of the box, I'd say the TMA-1 are pretty dark, recessed trebles and a bit muddy. However, if you have an EQ, and you up the trebles, the TMA-1's sound great.

http://www.head-fi.o...840-on-the-side

The TMA's look a lot more portable than the M50, however the coiled cable can get annoying.

Edited by insuo

^^ dude just went to the store earlier today over my 2nd set of Shure's..... crapped out. 2 SETS WITHIN A YEAR. I need a new brand

kinda late, but ive had my etys for almost a decade now, and theyve traveled with me everywhere. still work perfect.

get these! they're e best i ever have. and they do come with iphone headset too~

6586158675_a5753fc95c_m.jpg

i got mine from earphonesolutions.com real good deal last yr. this xmas there should have some promotions as well.. check it out....

Anybody try replacement pads for the m50 that aren't pleather? maybe for another model? i really hate the pleather ones because they get uncomfortable after a while

I had originally custom cut some foam and got them covered and fit at my local tailor, but the sound was a lot sharper and harsher with the bass a lot more punchier than I'd liked.

I've since used these:

http://www.sweetwate...ail/DT250Earpad

Still think that the bass lacks control, but I think there's a mod that involves taping the back of the pads to tame them some. I'll look around, see if I can find the source where I got the idea. Oh, and you'll definitely experience more sound leak with the pad swap.

Edited by Solix

I had originally custom cut some foam and got them covered and fit at my local tailor, but the sound was a lot sharper and harsher with the bass a lot more punchier than I'd liked.

I've since used these:

http://www.sweetwate...ail/DT250Earpad

Still think that the bass lacks control, but I think there's a mod that involves taping the back of the pads to tame them some. I'll look around, see if I can find the source where I got the idea. Oh, and you'll definitely experience more sound leak with the pad swap.

damn really? i was hoping the 250 would be the be all end all of replacement pads for the m50. is it a huge difference?

I think it really depends on your individual ears. I remember the majority saying it was quite significant, a handful saying that the comfort really out-weighed the sq loss, and a few saying how it really made no difference.

Personally, I think I'm somewhere between the first two and that they'll need some playing around with to become adequate. They're mainly my brother's though and he's in the last group and I only use them around the house on occasion, so I really haven't gotten around to messing with them.

I ordered TMA-1's and for use both at home and on the go with my iphone 4, & was looking at portable amps wondering which would be best. It sounds like I'll mainly need ones to drive up the treble and the highs wondering if anyone in here had any experience.

any advice would be appreciated!

Posted · Hidden by J.x, February 18, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by J.x, February 18, 2012 - No reason given

they look amazing! the more i see them the more i'm tempted to buy them.

quick question about them, do they cancel out much external noise? if i were to get them they would be used everyday on the bus, malls, train etc. and also is there much sound leaking from those? used to have a pair of beats studios and those were horrible.

6098332581_cb1c66e289_z.jpg

I personally did not like my tma1s. they hurt my ears and I grew tired of the design (looked like something uo would sell). im sticking with my grados, but i've been eyeing the beyerdynamic DT 1350 for a while now for something with isolation.

edit: I would wear my tma1s for 5+ hours a day and after a week, my ears were really tender and sore. this shouldnt be a problem if you just use it for the transit rides back and forth

Edited by snahfu

Posted · Hidden by J.x, February 18, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by J.x, February 18, 2012 - No reason given

Come to toronto, would love to trade my qc3s for a pair of tma1s i love the simplicity of them even tho uo does sell something that looks slightly similar

sadly everywhere i look they cost $230+ to get into canada

I personally did not like my tma1s. they hurt my ears and I grew tired of the design (looked like something uo would sell). im sticking with my grados

do grados not do the same thing to you? i have to take like an hour-long break if i wear mine for too long

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys what would you recommend for an in ear headset? mine just broke today because of dem asian chick lv bag run to catch the subway and snap the cord. sighh

my budget is around 300-500. no beat by dr dre homo though. thanks in advance! :)

Edited by soulshui