162 members have voted

1. 1. headphones to get

• shure e2c
    • entymotic er6
    • Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
    • other (please specify)

had a pair of sennheiser mx 500 and was given the B&O form 2

but the heisners jack has started to go

and the forms2 although are the coolest headphones around, not practical enough to stuff in a pocket,

so getting new ones in the january sales (if the missus lets me)

budget $100

most important thin is noise blocking, clear and crisp reproduction

let meknow of your recommendations

coz i trust SuFu above all else

thanks

Etymotic er6i

Shure e2C

I'm sure you can get higher models for under $100 if you search for coupons and stuff.

Head over to head-fi.com, they def. know their stuff.

Oh, and I think there's a coupon code for like, 20 or 30 percent off at earphonesolutions.com, i'll try to dig that up for you.

I have got the Bose Acoustic Noise Canceller headphones. daymn they be sweet as hell

Eventhough they are way over your budget I just had to showoff a little bit..

haha..

Don't really know about headphones but, I dislike earbuds.

I have a Stanton DJ-PRO3000, and a Technics one (their newest one).

Havn't really tried them yet, but they both sound great. The Stanton (someone told me) has better sound canceling but a little crappier sound quality. While the Technics is not so well sound cancel but better sound quality. Which, seems to be true.

you will probably never get good isolation with regular earbuds. as already suggested try IEMs (in ear monitor).... you will hear nothing but your music. obviously they are much pricer but completely worth it if you are listening to music/movies w/e a lot with very crisp quality. once you go to good headphones you cant go back, unfortunately...

and also, turning vol up really high on headphones is just bad for your ears.....with IEMs you can have lower volumes and still hear everything because it doesnt allow other sounds in...

I personally have a pair of E2C's and I love them. Noise canceling wise they work great I use them everyday and there only a few instances where they don't completely block out outside noise. Since I do commute to school everyday I take the bus and subway and it's the online where I can hear noise from my surrounding. ( Sound from the bus engine and well the subway is very loud in general) But with the the E2C it does reduce the sound significantly. Sound quality is an other thing I use them with my iPod and I find they don't produce very well when it comes bass and tremble. It is going to take you a while to figure out which earbuds you should use but once you figure it out and your confortable with the feel of them you'll love em. Like I said at the begging if noise canceling is one of the most important factors you can't go wrong with the E2C's I can stand next to a busy boulevard with dozen's of cars passing me by and I won't even hear them coming all I hear is my music.

Guest umhaha84

try BOSE TRIPORT Around Ear.

I love them.

used to have NC50 from sony...very big disappointment.

neways, try EBAY and get a used one.

I got lucky and picked up brand new pair for 90shipped.

Shure e2c's are a great value--you can find them online for about $70 shipped. They don't have noise cancelling, but the in-ear technology blocks out most sound.

I can attest to this as subway rides in NYC are practically mute with these things on. Sometimes I take one ear out just cause I feel like it'd be safer.

You can pick up the er6-i from buy.com for 60-67 shipped depending on where you live (tax) right now with google checkout. Thanks for the reminder about the headphones, my old ones broke. i think google check out expires today on buy.com so if you want them for this price u should pick up a pair soon. They have shures there too.

wow slickdealin supertalkin and headfi all in 1 thread. pretty much sums up all my webtime for the last year. a few points to make:

headfi will draw you in, time and esp money. i came there looking for reviews on some 30$ ones, and came out spending almost 300 on some buds and grados by the time i was done. if youre not gonna be traveling, then youd almost be better off getting some closed, circumaural (around the ear) cans. totally comfy and best in soundstaging. a great value are the koss ksc75, a 15$ pair where the drivers are real high quality, competing with most pairs under 80$. a real cult favorite overr on headfi. e2c's are real nice, but i think the quality jump from that to the 3's makes the difference worth it (from what ive gathered) good luck searching and sorry bout your wallet.

• Etymotic ER-4S: best dynamic headphone I ever owned
  • Shure E3: best portable headphone I ever owned (I'm guessing I'd like the E4 or E5 more but didn't feel like spending the money)
  • Sennheiser HD-25-1: best non-canalphone portable headphone in the world
  • Grado RS-1: most fun headphone in the world
  • Stax SR-404: best headphone in terms of cost/quality in the world
  • Stax SR-007: best headphone I ever owned period
  • only retards, nerds and chronic business travelers use portable headphone amplifiers

There you go. No need to visit Head-Fi now.

the following are actually debatable.

• Sennheiser HD-25-1: best non-canalphone portable headphone in the world
  • Grado RS-1: most fun headphone in the world
  • only retards, nerds and chronic business travelers use portable headphone amplifiers

There you go. No need to visit Head-Fi now.

first off, i spent countless school hours reading on why the akg kdj, or whatever theyre called, are better than the hd-25. secondly, by default, shouldnt the new grados be better? i wouldnt know, because i stopped visiting headfi before they were released.

ultimately though, after pages and pages of arguments, everything always boils down to matters of opinion and personal taste.

but i do agree:

• Etymotic ER-4S: best dynamic headphone I ever owned

first off, i spent countless school hours reading on why the akg kdj, or whatever theyre called, are better than the hd-25. secondly, by default, shouldnt the new grados be better? i wouldnt know, because i stopped visiting headfi before they were released.
Yeah I have no idea about either of these. I stopped reading Head-Fi, and caring about new headphones, long before they were released. Still, I'd be hard-pressed to imagine any audiophile being seriously unhappy with the HD-25-1 (although they are kind of uncomfortable). They isolate pretty damn well, which is very important for a portable headphone, and they sound great. Neutral and detailed but enjoyable enough to make your head nod and foot tap.

Dont buy BOSE...I'd say go with either Grado SR-80s ($80) or Alessandro MS1s ($100) Great prices for the quality your getting.

but he wants isolation. audio-technica would be a better suggestion. though they are quite big, i cant imagine them being anymore difficult to carry around than triports.