162 members have voted

1. 1. headphones to get

• shure e2c
    • entymotic er6
    • Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
    • other (please specify)

good running/work-out headphones?

Hey there,

For running I'd try the Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680 neckband headphones... they won't fall out and sound good.

If you're like me and would like to switch it up to weightlifting, I'd try the Koss KSC 75... they're cheap, sound great, and if you're going to lie on a bench, there's no neckband to pop them out of your ears.

Hope that helps,

How does that not melt them?

I just use rubbing alcohol. It sterilizes and picks up dirt and dries quick.

If they're silicone they aren't going to melt at 100C, think about how much heat silicone cooking utensils can take. (its basically the same stuff, so the melting point doesn't differ a whole lot)

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely the wrong thread, but I can't find an audiophile thread anywhere. I want a basic speaker setup for my new apartment. It's only a one bedroom so huge volume isn't super important. I'm mainly just looking for good sound quality and crispness. I guess I'll need a receiver and some speakers? Any recommendations?

This is definitely the wrong thread, but I can't find an audiophile thread anywhere. I want a basic speaker setup for my new apartment. It's only a one bedroom so huge volume isn't super important. I'm mainly just looking for good sound quality and crispness. I guess I'll need a receiver and some speakers? Any recommendations?

I'm think a 2.0 channel set-up with two nice mounted bookshelf speakers would be awesome.

Might need a 2.1 with the subwoofer if you also watch movies on the same system though.

And you may like to have a dedicated CD player too - I know a lot of guys who use cheap DVD players for that function, but it's just not the same :)

anybody's shure in-ear headphones crap out after about a year? on mine the left channel spontaneously stopped working, apparently it happens fairly frequently

too bad, the sound is so crisp and detailed. can't fux with them now

• 2 months later...
Fuckin had a pair sitting in my Amazon cart for $52... seller sold out and now they back to list at $80. Motherfucker.

What's a good option for a low-mid range in-ear phone w/ decent sound quality and durable wiring?

give these a try. i've been using these pretty much daily and am pretty happy with them.

OK, ended up picking these up instead of the TMA-1s :

110630-ajays_cr.jpg

after just listening to them for about an hour today, i can already tell that the bass is much heavier than the REzeros. i like it.

• 1 month later...

i have $100CAD worth of sony card points to buy shit at the sony store.

looking for the best over the head headphones I can get for around that price

noise cancellation any good? wireless any good? or stick with the conventional stuff?

I want something that will last for a very long time, proper quality and well-made.

I'd like to pick up a nice pair of earbuds from Amazon (have giftcards) in the $50-75 range that MUST have a mic (I never plan on using it, but regardless, there must be a mic.) Any recommendations?

Sound quality as a whole is paramount, durability isn't such a big concern, but they can't be obvious pieces of shit that will inevitably fall apart. The few pairs I've found just surfing around Amazon in that price range got some good reviews for sound quality, but a healthy number of poor reviews for breaking in mere months.

edit -- looks like my best bet in this price range, with a mic, is the nuforce ne-700m. has mostly great reviews but some poor ones...

Edited by blackfuture