Places to Hit in Paris

Rant

hi,

you can have a look at Colette , 213 rue st-honoré Metro : tuileries

There some others stores on this st honoré street like starcow, vans store...

you can check the Surface to air shop near there too,

then you can walk until the Etienne Marcel area, you have some shops on small streets,

just ask for "kiliwatch" (vintage cheap clothes, books, many t shirts...), and take the streets at the left of the store, (rue tiquetonne) they're some underground fashion stores, you have "Royal cheese", and other cool stores right there.

VO of Galeries lafayette of course,

just ask if you need other infos,

peace.

for Comme Des Garcons you can go to 54 Rue du Faubourg St-Honoré metro Concorde or madeleine (edited)

i can add also Yohji Yamamoto 3 Rue de Grenelle,

for the raw denim you can check APC denim at 3 rue de fleurus , metro: rennes

for the french hiphop clothing, there is CITADIUM ( a big departement store with many urban clothing) its metro St-lazarre.

Also Chatelet is a good place that i can advise you,

there's Ekirok (ghetto and urban apparel), Tube,(some sneakers) and some other little stores .

1 Euro = 1.3237 U.S. dollars according to google. Main brands are basically priced around the same as they would be anywhere else as far as I'm aware, give or take import tax.

Noir Kennedy is one of my favourite shops in paris, head there if you're at all punk inclined or like skinny jeans, they stock april 77 and cheap mondays, the staff are really friendly (only the chick with short blonde hair speaks english) and the changing rooms are old english telephone boxes.

definitely check out L'eclaireur, similar to colette but more underground and less tourists/hype.

what kind of stuff / what brands do they stock there? their website seems to be under construction.

oh and I have 2 adresses for comme des garcons, one is on etienne marcel and one is on saint-honoré, are both correct..?

Guest Goose25

may not sound like the fashion heart of paris but there are lots of new designers living the life up there and doing small launches of their gear regularly

may not sound like the fashion heart of paris but there are lots of new designers living the life up there and doing small launches of their gear regularly

What part of it? I often stay in montmarte.

i just got back from my trip to paris this week. sales were starting everywhere i went. colette was having some huge 1/2 off sale and starcow was having their usual cheap t-shirt shelf sales plus some deals on shoes. surface to air was cool but way over budget. also when i was there some band was practicing in the basement. vans was running out of their new marc jacobs shipment really quick the guy told me. i picked up the green corduroy chukkas for 77euros. good trip except all the rain

• 2 months later...
anybody know which of these places are going to have 0% english speaking kids?

not sure what you're going for, but I dont remember hearing excessive amounts of english speaking people anywhere except at major sights. or did you mean store employees that dont speak english..?

Around the end of June / early July. There's an official date for all sales but I don't know it yet. And I think sales start one week earlier in Belgium (so plan a trip to Antwerp!)

I always check out the Marithe Francois Girbaud, Vanessa Bruno, & Sonia Rykiel stores.

Bastille area/Rue Keller use to be good for some atelier indie designers, but I think alot of indies have opened belongside the canal that runs through central paris. Name exscapes me now...

Laudree for tea time and Cafe Ruc for some good food. BLAP! :D

not sure what you're going for, but I dont remember hearing excessive amounts of english speaking people anywhere except at major sights. or did you mean store employees that dont speak english..?

exactly...apologies for not clearing that up.

i'm going to be there this summer though..

and was just wondering if i should brush up

on some french phrases or whatever.

• 2 years later...