HOTTEST SHOPS IN NYC?

hplack

alife rivington was by far my favorite... i enjoyed the stussy store too... hm where else... daves quality meats i liked... n also damn this other one... i dont htink it was on superfuture around the time i went to NY like a year ago... it was like jsut opening... you walked down some stairs...almost like going into the subway (at least hte subways where i am in toronto).. had some clothes n also shoes... once you get down the stairs you look to your right n theres the girls clothes i belive... then walk straight into that room n down more stairs n that was the guys stuff or sale stuff?... n then back upstairs there was a shoe section down a long hall... anyone can tell me what it was called?... Dave from DQM recommended it to me

yo mate:

alife - great for all the good sneaks and their own line too

sugarhead quarters - brilliant tees, jumpers, rucks, and jackets - ones i never seen around

nort - just for the nikes

miss behave - great pressies for the bird, but shq is starting to carry some nice threads for the girlies

barneys - i have to say uptown is much better than coop downtown (yes, i know it's a dept store - but prices on rogans are better)

you have a pet? scout - amazing little fashiony shop for dogs (i swear me not a sick dog lover)

zakka - interesting reads

cheers!

Odin is hella nice...famous friends and steve alan are the others I normally hit...so many good stores here I generally just rotate between these three.

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

- -----

Camper!

corner Prince + Wooster or Greene I think, in SoHo.

Shoes, lined up in a row. Pretentious, yet somehow endearing.

Balenciaga!

500 something West Twenty Second St, next door to DIA Center.

Expensive $$+

Comme des Garcons!

West Twenty Second St, just down the block from Balenciaga.

You won't buy or wear any of it, but the interior and entrance are amazing. The experience is definitely worth the risk of being harrassed by the scary door whore. Do these things have price tags, much less a point? It makes you wonder who buys this stuff, someone must. Hell, they have to pay thier rent somehow.

Toys in Babeland!

Just north of corner of Mercer and Grand, just past Yohji Yamamoto on the corner of Grand + Mercer. On the west side of Mercer St. In SoHo.

It's not just for Fags and avante Lesbians. Really nice shop girl, she gave me a mini lesson on how to lube a dildo.

In general, if you stick with SoHo, particularly Greene, Mercer, Wooster and Crosby streets you will find some interesting stores. Beware, SoHo is a shopping mall with urine stained streets and overweight midwestern tourists clogging the sidewalks. If you go to SoHo make sure to visit PRADA on the nw corner of Broadway + Prince, just outside of the N,R subway stop. It's worth getting your bag searched upon entry. Rem Koolhaas I love you!

If you are up for an adventure, I suggest the Lower East Side. The suggestions listed here on this strand I definately second.

- -----

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]

I have to admit that part of me hates giving up my sources, but here we go....

Barneys

Odin

APC

John Varvatos

Unis

Groupe

Mankind

Altier

Sieze sur Vignt (only for dress clothes - their casual stuff isn't for me)

Steven Alan

DDC

Comme des Garcons

Otto Tootsi (just shoes)

Quote:

Most of my friends prefer SSUR over Nom de Guerre, I guess it is due to authenticity.

Nom de Guerre is a metrosexual store.

Feminine men shop there.

Someone posted that on this site. Someone else.

--- Original message by Forgivenessisthekey on Apr 25, 2005 11:29 PM

This Nom de Guerre hating group is soooo BIZARRE. What a bunch of weirdos... "Dude gets beat up by girls," "Dude is a fake," "Dude has STDs," "Feminine men shop there."

Yo WHAT is your complex?!?! Its not even normal shit!! You have a bizarre fixation with Nom de Guerre. You need to relax. I know NOTHING about dude and I've never been to the store... but YO what the FUCK is your deal obsessing over this shit!??!?! NOBODY CARES and you are straight WEIRD.

And why do you type like you are writing a FUCKING MYSTERY?!?

"Someone posted that on this site."

We all pause, a droplet of sweat hanging in anticipation from our brow like an apple that grew too heavy for it's branch.

"SOMEONE ELSE."

Cue ominous thunder. FUCKING NUTCASE.

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.

t o o m a n y too name.

i cant go to the LES and visit just one store.. its like a disease.

and yeah zakka had come dope mags.

toy tokyo and kid robot are awesome.

man.. i even drop in on the phat farm store from time to time..

nyc is my favorite city, and there are a lot of places i love.

chrome hearts (64th and lexington) sells this awesome chunky gothic silver jewelry. its an amazing store too. you knock, and somebody lets you in, the main floor is the hoodies, clothes, bracelets, rings, eveyrthing. then you walk down a flight of stairs to a lower floor, but between these two floors is a little fountain with trees and eveyrthing, its nice. lower floor is little less popular stuff, like the purses, the belts, lighters, knives. and the staff is incredibly nice, and get stuff for you to try on, even though you are most likely not going to buy stuff. its hella expensive, around 5000$ for a bracelet, 500 for rings.

then there is

kidrobot - sells the urban vinyl stuff, very nice if you like that kinda thing

bape - for the bape stuff, i know its overhyped, but i still like their tees

stussy - yall know this

alex streeter - awesome jewelry

barney's

recon - for their BBC stuff

yellow rat bastard

stackhouse

but dont forget chrome hearts. just go to see the awesome store. to get the stockroom there is an elevator for the employees. i love it. icon_smile_big.gif

• 3 weeks later...

not sure the name of it.. but anytime i got to LES i gotta hit up the 'sneaker shop'

- anyone know the name of it?

the one that has no sign, and you need to get buzzed into. i've walked by so many times having to turn around cause i walked too far. maybe it's ALIFE RIVINGTON.

last tim ei was in nyc tried to go to ALIFE on ORCHARD. Did that close??

• 5 months later...
Guest Fade to Black

Atelier - cool ass menswear store that stocks stuff like Lmaltieri/Carpe Diem, Raf Simons, Undercover, Number (N)ine, etc probably the best menswear store in the city.