usa :: austin :: general

whorishconsumer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

i'll be in zilker next week--won't have a ton of free time but any must-eat/drink/see/do(s) in the area (or austin in general)? also are there any good tattoo parlors besides rock of ages? what about thrift stores?

thxxx

Edited by tombrown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been here for a week now, seeing that the city isn't very walkable and that living downtown is undoable. Hear the east side south of Manor is the place to be, if anyone knows of a nice place with or without roommates or people looking for another to join a lease it'd be greatly appreciated. Posted in east riverside with some friends until July or August.

the area near the deadend of east 6th looks pretty cool but i'm sure the rent is insanely high still

there's a couple of sufers but i think one dude works for stag or service, and the others are like in college, i think. 

craigslist is probably your best for finding roommates

a fair number of people live in pflugerville. i think it's a fiar compromise between round rock and downtown autin 

Been surfing craigslist but I think I'll be more limited by distance in my not wanting to drive my dying car and not wanting to bike due to being an insanely sweaty dude (if i get started sweating) than by price.

There's a fuckin ballin new rock climbing gym opening on airport/springdale that I must be close to as well, so looks like the east side it is. No hope for walking, hopefully there will be bus transit available to get me downtown for work.