Shopping for Vinyls

notesee

try musicstack.com, you basically type whatever music you want, you can pick the format (CD, cassette, 12", etc.) and then the website will bring up every store (in the world) that carries that particular piece of music in the format you requested. Try it out, I found some rare punk vinyl I've been craving for.

My housemate and I were having this conversation a few days ago, I was wondering if it was worth it to pay the Manhattan prices, because if you buy on ebay, you have to pay shipping anyway, and I was asking him if he thought the combined price was comparable. He thinks there is no reason to shop in Manhattan because vinyl is to overpriced, and told me there is a great place with really good selection and prices in Greenpoint. I don't know the name though. We went to a record convention in Chelsea about a month ago and I found a store with decent prices from Ave B? I think. I have the card at home, but haven't been to the store yet. You could always take NJ Transit out to the Princeton Record Exchange, such a great place.

Dunno if you are a jazz fan, but academy in the east village is Incredible for that sort of stuff. Fat beats is good for indie hip hop. Unfortunately never got the opportunity to do much record shopping in the 6 months i was up there. I would imagine you could probably get your hands on anything you could possibly want in the city, you just have to know where to look.

Saterlite sux, theres dance tracks google the address, um there also turntable lab which has a good selection, but it sounds like you want more old vinyl.. I'd suggest A1 records also gooogle address. A1 is rated one of the best reord stores in the world.. Apprently have over a million records. O yeah and other music has a nice lil collection of vinyl..

and for online try Gemm.com its the ebay for records

Beroldsky, you have no clue what techno is so why don't you just keep your comments to yourself. This is the only store in NYC that's left in electronica on vynil. They have tons of great records from back in a day and they truelly represent. All those legendary Sputnik raves were produced by Scott.

P.S.

fuck hip-hop!

I've bought plently of vinyl on ebay and never had a problem.

Beroldsky, you have no clue what techno is so why don't you just keep your comments to yourself. This is the only store in NYC that's left in electronica on vynil. They have tons of great records from back in a day and they truelly represent. All those legendary Sputnik raves were produced by Scott.

P.S.

fuck hip-hop!

I know enough about techno to know that satelite is into tribal house and all that sorta thing.. That whole Crobar/pacha scene .. not my scene sorry if i offended you. and hip hop doesn't suck u do buddy.. also left out think it called vinyl market in the eas village great TECHNO record store..

if you looking for something in particular from 95-2000 let me know. Adam Beyer, Cari Lekebusch, JB, JM, Surgeon, Regis, Ho, Laux & so for. also fresh hot dnb promos sun empire, bad company, trace.

Since Frankie closed SG techno in NYC is pretty much over. Satellite has some great records even though it's mostly crap, but Scott know what's up even though neither him or his store was techno

Just buy an ultra-exclusive Velvet Underground pressing and sell it for $100K+ on e-bay......it's working for this dude:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VELVET-UNDERGROUND-NICO-1966-Acetate-LP-ANDY-WARHOL_W0QQitemZ300054910309QQihZ020QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hahaha, I saw this auction on e-bay the other day actually .. fuckin insane.

Who the fuck says "vinyls"?

Every DJ known to man.

My one gripe with sandbox is they did a rerelease of Breaking Atoms on CD and it was a complete bootleg fake. I still buy from them, but ya know...

I cosign the Turntablelab.com jawn. If your in nyc just go to the store opposed to buying stuff online. I've never been but Other Music is supposed to be decent too. Alot of it depends on what kind of stuff you want to buy.

...ps i like to refer to my "vinyls" as "records"

the only store i bought anything at was breakbeat science ; (

everytime i finally get some gem i had been hunting for and find it thru a friend or online and pay too much for it, then it pops up at a record store. fuckers.

and yes, vinyls always makes me giggle on the inside when i hear it.