Which Store Has The Sickest Interior Design?

ineverbathe

what makes the biggest interior design statement?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. what makes the biggest interior design statement?

• furnishing?
    • window display?
    • colour?
    • ease and flow of finding items.(ie. tshirts in one corner, pants in another area...)
    • artwork?
    • free magazines, fliers, stickers. etc

Yea, that 45rpm store smells wonderful. We were trying to figure out what the smell was and if they sold it in store, the employees didn't even really know what it was.

I also passed by NDG twice while in NY before I finally found it. That store also smelled very good.

• 9 months later...

good bump

antonioli in Milan is pretty dope, apparently its built in one of the first movie theatres in the city.

antonioli1.jpg

antonioli2.jpg

antonioli4.jpg

antonioli5.jpg

Daad Dantone is another store in Milan, one of my favorite stores in the world in terms of stuff they carry but the store design is pretty dope as well, they have two locations:

daad1.jpg

via santo spirito

daad2.jpg

via matteotti

apartment in berlin is pretty cool, the entire ground level is just a big blank white room with a small round staircase in the middle. I dont have a pic of downstairs but its pretty cool as well:

aptberlin.jpg

Ulf Haines in Berlin is another favorite of mine, interior is pretty clean as well:

ulfhaines1.jpg

ulfhaines2.jpg

ulfhaines3.jpg

Prada Aoyama is a Herzog + De Meuron... same people who did Munich's stadium for this year's world cup... infinitely in love with that building..

I have a feeling CDG and the Commes stores around are all cool simply for the fact that Rei Kawakubo probably cares just as much, if not more about interiors and furniture, than clothes.

For once a worthy firm is getting some respect in here (HdeM). There should be an auto-ban fonction for anyone who mentions Lloyd Wright.

The best interior is, of course, Supreme, because they sell Supreme inside.

• 8 months later...

bump.

What are the some well designed new stores in the major metropolises?

Here are some from Tokyo.

Not really new at all but,

Restir in Tokyo Midtown has a sick interior

05-1.jpg

Also, from last year...

Nicolas G. Hayek Center, Ginza

TokyoNGHayekCBan.jpg

jaquetdroz_image.339542.jpg

Swarovski in Ginza

006.jpg

swarovski_tokyo_1.jpg

Philip Lim in Aoyama

phillip-lim-tokyo_03_sq.jpg

phillip-lim-tokyo_04_lo.jpg

Abbey (formerly Bapecuts)in Aoyama

01.jpg

03.jpg

This is kind of exterior + interior but I like Prada's store in Minami-Aoyama. I wouldn't buy anything there but the whole building gives off this harvest yellow-tinted Jetsons vibe. I like CDG down the street from there too, the interior is nicely done.

Prada Aoyama is a Herzog + De Meuron... same people who did Munich's stadium for this year's world cup... infinitely in love with that building..

I have a feeling CDG and the Commes stores around are all cool simply for the fact that Rei Kawakubo probably cares just as much, if not more about interiors and furniture, than clothes.

agreed! i didnt see any pics of these in this thread, so here are some exterior shots i took recently of these beautiful stores:

2578040585_20ee55373b.jpg

2575234609_48279acd8b.jpg

richard kid is a huge glass space squashed between 2 historical gastown buildings. very cool juxstaposition, plus it has a view of the harbour which is interesting

That shit was classic but it's long gone. They've just got a makeshift spot in the MADE office now.

RTEmagicC_inqmnd-nomad-store-vancouver.jpg.jpg

Is he a user on here? Both times I visited he was great and friendly.

Furthermore, the new Michel Brisson stores in Montreal are nice.

montreal_michelbrisson.jpg

172b_fashion_men.jpg

ta119--21_Canada_01.jpg

The new TNT in Montreal also looks alright though their brands are SHIT.

tntmtl-033-large-web-view.jpg

tntmtl-016-large-web-view.jpg

tntmtl-019-large-web-view.jpg

tntmtl-039-large-web-view.jpg

New soho Jil Sander store is great. Designed by Raf Simons, apparently not even with collaboration with any architecture firm. He really shows the type of mind which can be used to be a great designer/artist. Taking an Industrial Design degree through various media.

Store is a prism to relate Simons's visions to the consumer. Changes the way I see design and art. Combination of visiting at the perfect time in my life and great execution, absolutely must see interior.

Other great NYC stores have been mentioned already, but I will add a couple comments.

CDG- a little gimmicky, but still great.

45rpm- both soho and UES locations are extremely good. UES feels like more of a facade on a normal store than soho location, yet overall I prefer the UES one since it is larger, airier, feels more diverse.

Nom de Guerre- Favorite in New York from what I have seen. Very well executed. Could have been gimmicky yet comes off effortlessly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...