Which Store Has The Sickest Interior Design?

ineverbathe

what makes the biggest interior design statement?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. what makes the biggest interior design statement?

• furnishing?
    • window display?
    • colour?
    • ease and flow of finding items.(ie. tshirts in one corner, pants in another area...)
    • artwork?
    • free magazines, fliers, stickers. etc

When I first saw pics of that viktor & rolf store, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. That store design is very creative and executed quite well.

Myself, I like simple designs mostly.

I thought the Uniqlo store in Soho was very nice. Sleek, simple, and easy to find everything.

Blends in Costa Mesa. All the shoes look like they're in huge refrigerators on the wall. Then there is a huge mirror to the right when you walk in.

Apple store on 5th Ave. I just love the entrance...

45rpm store on Mercer St. I think the interior flows very well with the clothing. Wood all over the place with what looks to be trees in the middle of the room holding clothing with pedestals for denim.

There are plenty more, but those stick out in my mind recently.

This is kind of exterior + interior but I like Prada's store in Minami-Aoyama. I wouldn't buy anything there but the whole building gives off this harvest yellow-tinted Jetsons vibe. I like CDG down the street from there too, the interior is nicely done.

The Paul Smith stores around the world are similarly done; I wouldn't mind having an interior like that in a smoking room/library. I'd have a room to myself to keep curios and books, and I'd just smoke cigars and drink whiskey all day while listening to vinyls.

This is kind of exterior + interior but I like Prada's store in Minami-Aoyama. I wouldn't buy anything there but the whole building gives off this harvest yellow-tinted Jetsons vibe. I like CDG down the street from there too, the interior is nicely done.

The Paul Smith stores around the world are similarly done; I wouldn't mind having an interior like that in a smoking room/library. I'd have a room to myself to keep curios and books, and I'd just smoke cigars and drink whiskey all day while listening to vinyls.

Yeah that prada building is AMAZING. I think Rem Koolhaus did the architecture on that one. Good call!

45rpm on mercer was probably the most interestingly designed shop I've encountered. The atmosphere matched inside with the clothes and the sales girl was pretty cute.

Also, the new Bapy (bape for womenz?) shop in Taipei looks pretty insane

Yeah that prada building is AMAZING. I think Rem Koolhaus did the architecture on that one. Good call!

Prada Aoyama is a Herzog + De Meuron... same people who did Munich's stadium for this year's world cup... infinitely in love with that building..

I have a feeling CDG and the Commes stores around are all cool simply for the fact that Rei Kawakubo probably cares just as much, if not more about interiors and furniture, than clothes.

reiterating what others said and adding my own:

The 5th Avenue Apple Store tops the list with it's clear cube entrance and the clear staircase. The wide screens they have available to play with are amazing. My first time there, I was finishing off a drunken night with my international friends and at 4 in the morning we stumbled into this store. Someone had the bright idea to go look up our houses in each of our countries using Google Earth on the widescreen. Fun times.

The Mercer St 45RPM not only has a great interior design but is one of the best smelling stores in the city. They use some sandalwood aroma in the store and it smells great.

For the most unique/bizarre shopping experience, you'd have to list the underground Nom De Guerre. It's not tucked away in some hidden neighborhood somewhere, it's smack on the corner of Broadway and Bleeker in Soho (well technically not SoHo) but if you didn't know that staircase led to a whole store downstairs, you'd never go down it for fear of trespassing. And once you're down, it still continues to be jarring, a long empty hallway separating the two major sales room -- you gotta walk down farther to get to the shoe room.