GAP Selvage Jean

element02

2nd era 1969 gap selvedge...better looking than the first ones they issued, better color than the morrisons, but i haven't seen the gough, so can't comment. good looking jeans, remember someone bought a pair of ebay for an ungodly amount a year or so ago, before this whole selvedge denim niketalk thing blew up.

I was at the gap this past weekend and saw the Gough and Morrison. I bought the pair in the pics on eBay from someone in England who said it was original. I like the different coloured button fly, but have never seen any from the Gap with a rivet on the crotch. I also like the back pocket detail and cloth tag.

I do have a couple pairs of the first generation 1969 selvage. The denim on the pair in the pic is a little heavier.

Gap has a new straight fit rigid denim for $69. I find it's slimmer than the morrisson but not as taper. I tried on the smallest size 28 and it is like Gap version of apc new standard. Good quality for the price. Here are some pics from online.

What size do you usually wear? :edit: Also, did you notice if they have been washed? I notice these are called rigid, unlike the "one wash" morrison.

I normally wear a size 30 in pants. But ever since I started wearing selvage/raw denim I size down. For example my apc new standard I wear a size 28. When I tried on the gap straight rigid, the 28 is tight on the waist and slim on the thigh. The size 29 was more comfortable but slightly bigger overall. If I were to make a purchase, i would go with a size 28 because I know they will stretch out a bit.

The selvage line is like a rainbow color, exactly the same as the gap morrisson but the denim itself is alot more raw like the gough and apc jeans. I think you should visit your local gap store and try it on for yourself.

2nd era 1969 gap selvedge...better looking than the first ones they issued, better color than the morrisons, but i haven't seen the gough, so can't comment. good looking jeans, remember someone bought a pair of ebay for an ungodly amount a year or so ago, before this whole selvedge denim niketalk thing blew up.

It was drofhiphopology iirc.