usa :: los angeles :: general

Omnivore

All the stores you named are actually on Melrose (except OC).

South Willard and Scout LA are the ones on 3rd, my bad

• 2 weeks later...
I was over in the La Brea/Fairfax area last weekend and somehow I ended up on Larchmont Blvd.. I didn't even know this village place existed, but there were a couple of good spots there that sold stuff like A.P.C. and Paul Smith. Plus some bomb pizza.

is that the thin crusted pizza place? i think it's near a wine store. i hate pizza, but thats the only pizza place i can eat at (and abbot pizza on abbot kinney).

• 3 weeks later...
Im planning to spend the morning in West Hollywood and afternoon in downtown and little tokyo. Which restaurants would you recommend in little tokyo thats good.Also whats the fastest way to get to the Airport from Downtown without a car? my flight is at 8pm.

Obviously a taxi is the fastest way. I know that to get to downtown from LAX it's a flat rate of $35 or so, but I'm not sure it works the other way around. You may have to pay the meter, which would probably be around $35-50 depending on traffic. Still worth it. Public transport here blows.

The most well known spot in Little Tokyo is Daikokuya for ramen. Get some imagawayaki at Mitsuru Cafe for dessert.

Just FYI, it's unfortunatly not $35 anymore. Last time I took a cab they'd upped the flat LAX>DT rate to $48. In my opinion the best way to do it, sans car, is get to Union Station (get a cab or take the bus or if you're lucky enough to be near a subway, that), and then take the LAX Flyaway express bus, which is $4 (used to be $3, and possibly soon to be $6, but whatever). The Flyaway is pretty prompt and quck

If you want ramen, Daikokuya like england said, or Orochon is a decent alternative. If you want good, decently priced sushi, Sushi Go 55 in the LT Shopping Mall. If you want izakaya type ish Haru Ulala is the place. Other options if you're looking for something else.

Just FYI, it's unfortunatly not $35 anymore. Last time I took a cab they'd upped the flat LAX>DT rate to $48. In my opinion the best way to do it, sans car, is get to Union Station (get a cab or take the bus or if you're lucky enough to be near a subway, that), and then take the LAX Flyaway express bus, which is $4 (used to be $3, and possibly soon to be $6, but whatever). The Flyaway is pretty prompt and quck

If you want ramen, Daikokuya like england said, or Orochon is a decent alternative. If you want good, decently priced sushi, Sushi Go 55 in the LT Shopping Mall. If you want izakaya type ish Haru Ulala is the place. Other options if you're looking for something else.

thanks for the help guys. How long does the flyaway express bus take? Also whats the best way to get to Little Tokyo from West Hollywood

Mario's Peruvian Restaurant.

Neighborhood: Mid Wilshire

5786 Melrose Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90038 (323) 466-4181

*Try the lomo saltado

l

fuck everything else. listen to this man.

for you oc folks they've told me they opened one in la mirada.

edit: oh except for bacon wrapped dogs for late nights. i ate 4 of those suckers after justice.

echo park

* brite spot (kinda lame)

* taco zone

* pho cafe

* rambutan thai

* ghetto dog outside the echo

downtown

* R 23 (sushi)

* haru ulala (japanese)

* frying fish (sushi)

silverlake:

* blair's (expensive restaurant, but delish)

* cliff's edge (brunch, expensive but great)

* the kitchen (food, dinner)

* madame matise (food, brunch)

* millie's restaurant

* cafe intelligentsia

* don felix peruvian food

* dusty's (expensive brunch, but good)

* gingergrass

los feliz

* alcove (brunch)

* home restaurant

* fred 62's (overrated, expensive, mediocre)

* square one (brunch)

* tropicalia brazilian grill

hollywood/ wilshire area/ beverly

* cafe 101 (chocolate brownie waffle + ice cream)

* roscoe's house of chicken and waffle (MUST go there)

* california chicken cafe

west hollywood/ beverly hills

* taste restaurant (amazing dinner)

* mastros (good steak house)

* lawry's (i like this steak house more)

* wokcano

* cafe flore

* toast (so so)

* bread bar

* news room cafe

* breadbar (overpriced)

* 3rd stop

* the abbey (gets really gay at night)

west la/ santa monica

* the counter burger

* father's office burger

malibu

* geoffreys (great view during daytime)

* moon shadows

• 3 weeks later...

bumping this..

anything interesting in LA on new years eve? I've never actually gone to clubs or bars in the city so I have no clue :confused:

to be honest, doesn't even matter if its something moderately cheesy if its fun and interesting.

bumping this..

anything interesting in LA on new years eve? I've never actually gone to clubs or bars in the city so I have no clue :confused:

to be honest, doesn't even matter if its something moderately cheesy if its fun and interesting.

im going to be in LA for new year's as well...and am interested to hear options.

most of the clubs on hollywood have ridiculously high cover for new year's eve so i would get tickets in advance if you plan on going somewhere...