usa :: los angeles :: general

Omnivore

But where else in LA can you get a ridiculously overfattening hot dog and pick up a prostitute on the same street corner? You ain't gonna be able to do that on Robertson.

so true...i think its the corner of martel and melrose, theres a clothing store called Look-Out Men. guido clothing & prostitutes in the same building!

I agree; other than Barracuda, which I rarely buy something in, there really isn't anywhere interesting. No good restaurants or cafes, and three imitation Pinkberrys (as if the real one isn't overhyped/crappy enough) within a 5 block radius............

angeli caffe at melrose/poinsettia is great and has been there for over 20 years.

top picks lately-

osteria mozza -$$$- melrose/highland- nancy silverton and mario battali's new expensive italian restaurant. really good, impossible to get a reservation but go at 5:30pm and sit at the mozzarella bar.

BLD -$$- beverly/vista- the service is so-so but the menu is great

angeli caffe- $- melrose/poinsettia - simple but very fresh excellent italian food, nice atmosphere, low key industry types

AOC- $$$- 3rd st. /crescent heights - best small plates in los angeles, huge and incredible selection of wines by the glass kept fresh in some elaborate high tech machine.

There's some good stuff around La Brea & 3rd. Union notwithstanding, you've got American Rag, Buffalo Exchange and Puran's, which is one of the best restaraunts in LA.

Buffalo exchange is.... way too expensive for being the 2nd hand store that it is.

Union went into a direction style and pricing wise that im not attracted to and I feel like amercan rag is uninteresting.

I dunno, barracuda 2 years ago was gold baby, gold.

I'd avoid the whole city myself.

Good for you. I live out there, so don't go there.

You can't blast all of Melrose. West of Fairfax still has potential. Actually all of the shops are JUST off Melrose, but they're still working.

Start on La Brea, American Rag, Undefeated, over to Fairfax for Supreme and SLB, up to Melrose for Fred Segal, HTC, Marc Jacobs, Maxfields, bust a left on La Cienega and hit the Beverly Center, Opening Ceremony, wind your way over to Beverly Hills, Dior, Polo Purple Label, Barneys. If I'm out to blow money that's the route. I could think of more. But whatever. Who cares if your old favorite spots on Melrose sell bongs now, or whatever they fucking do on that end. Haaa...

I'd avoid the whole city myself.

uh oh. hater alert. atleast it the weather is always awesome out here.

But at this moment LA is like a dying pheonix that needs to die in order to be reborn, 10 times awesome than before. lol. yea but i was just at melrose today to stop at AA and needless to say the street feels lame to even walk through... ofcourse you're not gonna see nearly as many hot women in one place as you would there, but the whole place is basically for hacks and posers.

You have a point though, west of fairfax (even some of fairfax itself right now) has lot of potential.. but like I said I was only on the eastside cause i needed to drop by AA

• 2 months later...
Guest Methimphibian

hello, just wondering if anyone knows some stores that sell some nice sunglasses that aren't to much in los angeles, can be any brand($100 or less is about my range?)

looking for something like these

l_fb55e3f6938088bb8c62fe23bf7b3ac9.jpg

img_0155_070809_1.jpg