usa :: los angeles :: general

Omnivore

haha two mentions of hearst castle in one page. that rare shit.

it's so weird hearing food recs between la and sf. i always try to make that drive as fast as possible so i'm used to stopping by wtvr fast food next to the gas station if i have to eat.

i agree with you, there aren't really any noteworthy food stops between LA and SF, aside from a few quirky diners

sorry, my sentence was constructed horribly.  let me rephrase:

"you will eat some of the greatest chinese food in LA and in SF

(this list is from some dude who apparently has eaten at over 6,000+ chinese restaurants, which is totally insane and inspiring at the same time)

and between those two cities, chinese food doesn't get much better than that, in my opinion.  canada has some good chinese restaurants too from what i've heard... but that's a different thread

I also suggest Big Sur and Hearst Castle. You could count San Jose into San Francisco and stay in the same place for both cities if you want.

I'd also recommend possibly Solvang, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree if only for a day at most for each.

If you wanna do Pismo Beach there's a travel zoo deal for less than $100 for a beachside joint.

"you will eat some of the greatest chinese food in LA and in SF

(this list is from some dude who apparently has eaten at over 6,000+ chinese restaurants, which is totally insane and inspiring at the same time)

https://twitter.com/chandavkl

you can ask him for recs on twitter if you're in a specific area.

Edited by wahwho11

I also suggest Big Sur and Hearst Castle. You could count San Jose into San Francisco and stay in the same place for both cities if you want.

I'd also recommend possibly Solvang, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree if only for a day at most for each.

If you wanna do Pismo Beach there's a travel zoo deal for less than $100 for a beachside joint.

also if do you stop by Pismo beach, there's this cafe called Splash Cafe. Best Clam chowda I had in my entire life. (never been to boston)

Edited by mr.invincible

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my noggin'

South Willard on Third used to carry Raf, not sure if they still do.

Opening Ceremony on La Cienega carries Raf and collabs.

Undefeated on La Brea or Sunset carry Adirafs.

Maxfield on Melrose carries Dioraf (and then there's the Dior shop in Beverly Hills).

Barney's in Beverly Hills, not sure about Co-Op at the Grove.

Edited by skeetinmynose

Off the top of my noggin'

South Willard on Third used to carry Raf, not sure if they still do.

Opening Ceremony on La Cienega carries Raf and collabs.

Undefeated on La Brea or Sunset carry Adirafs.

Maxfield on Melrose carries Dioraf (and then there's the Dior shop in Beverly Hills).

Barney's in Beverly Hills, not sure about Co-Op at the Grove.

wildstyle carries raf footwear, including adiraf

half & half is aight.  too sweet for me.  tea brick is an aight boba spot

don't really enjoy boba anymore

go to beverly hills juice for the goodness 

banana manna shakes goat. boba's only good in monthly intervals. most spots think you're crazy if you don't want a drink sweetened to death.

harajuku crepe also good if you're planning to do beverly hills. 

if you want real man's noodle soup, not pho, hit up foo foo tei, shinsengumi, or tsujita annex. foo foo tei's not in town, but i threw it in since you went to anaheim. silverlake ramen pretty cute too.

Edited by skeetinmynose

banana manna shakes goat. boba's only good in monthly intervals. most spots think you're crazy if you don't want a drink sweetened to death.

harajuku crepe also good if you're planning to do beverly hills. 

if you want real man's noodle soup, not pho, hit up foo foo tei, shinsengumi, or tsujita annex. foo foo tei's not in town, but i threw it in since you went to anaheim. silverlake ramen pretty cute too.

what you think of annex compared to normal tsujita lunch? annex is good but not quite as good imo

ouch  :(

what you think of annex compared to normal tsujita lunch? annex is good but not quite as good imo

their bowls are different, annex is supposed to be like ramen jiro. i like both equally but annex is more accessible because ramen is all-day there.

• 1 month later...