The John Mayer is a Fucktard Thread

MilSpex

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again I will defend hate. you can try and degrade the hate down to some petty thing about jealousy, but it's not. there are tons of people I don't hate. That's because there's no reason for me to hate them.......if we were on some tech board, some\body might have a reason to hate steve jobs, but we're on a fashion/goods board so hating john mayer for #1 sucking at music, #2 yes, having the money to adopt a culture almost out of thin air that other people have applied time, dedication, research, and hard-earned money to over the years and #3 again, for just really sucking, is not about some jealousy of his prosperity. if it was, why wouldn't i hate on Ian brown? he gets tons of free shit from nbhd and bape and such, he's connected in all the circles i probably wish i could be, but wait....oh yeah......he doesnt fucking suck like john mayer....

But what equates to sucking? Not liking his music? I personally just find this thread funny, I really don't mind either way. But I just find the whole hating "because he sucks and poses like he's streetwear-wearer #1, blah blah" a little funny. Unless you know the guy personally, kind of hard to come to the conclusion of why he likes what he does, dontcha' think? Research, dedication? Do you mean not having a life? Camping out in front of Supreme for the newest hoody to drop? Scouring hypebeast every 5 minutes to know what new "Heat" is going to drop across the country?

Hate is a funny thing...everyone wants to claim they don't hate because of jelousy but when it comes down to it, I don't see any other reason.

Hate on.

. . . #2 yes, having the money to adopt a culture almost out of thin air that other people have applied time, dedication, research, and hard-earned money to over the years. . .

I dont get how you are saying that he has adopted a culture out of thin air. you dont know him or what he has been into. Just because he makes millions off of pop music doesnt mean that he hasn't applied time, research, hard earned money (i guess that last one is questionable if you dont like his music) to his interests. I can't understand why people hate on popular artists for wearing streetwear brands. People were saying stuff about the guy from fall out boy for wearing tiffany dunks and bape hoodies(whack no matter who wears them), but if it was some rapper no one would say anything. everyone needs to stop hating.

Woah. Hate hate hate. Frankly Edison doesn't care what you think so whine all you want man.

Secondly, yes I agree that he is a fuck face, but don't hate on CLOT. Edison is just one piece to the CLOT puzzle. There are a few other partners. Also there was more than one Levi's collabo and some of them were very cool IMO.

actually i despise a bigger picture behind it, i can't stand all those asian kids who got money and just adopt to a lifestyle and rub back into your face like you dont know shit. i give people respect for making something out of nothing, not some rich kid just ask for some money and next thing you know they doing it as a joke, doing clothing was my first and only option, and for kids like edison is some thing they do it just out of the fact the got loot. and actually that applied to all people out there.

u work so hard to acheive some thing and you treat it with so much respect, and some dude just come around and act like a fucking clown.

i could care less how he feel, but and once again fuck him. clot might have some stuff out there, but they're no where near what i consider clever

actually i despise a bigger picture behind it, i can't stand all those asian kids who got money and just adopt to a lifestyle and rub back into your face like you dont know shit. i give people respect for making something out of nothing, not some rich kid just ask for some money and next thing you know they doing it as a joke, doing clothing was my first and only option, and for kids like edison is some thing they do it just out of the fact the got loot. and actually that applied to all people out there.

u work so hard to acheive some thing and you treat it with so much respect, and some dude just come around and act like a fucking clown.

i could care less how he feel, but and once again fuck him. clot might have some stuff out there, but they're no where near what i consider clever

All the more reason you can feel good about what YOU are doing because you have used your skills/hard earned money/knowledge. Some people are born with silver spoons in thier mouth, but it is not thier fault. Some abuse this privledge and others don't, the ones that don't and still work hard will most likely feel better with thier accomplishments in life.

Woah. Hate hate hate. Frankly Edison doesn't care what you think so whine all you want man.

Secondly, yes I agree that he is a fuck face, but don't hate on CLOT. Edison is just one piece to the CLOT puzzle. There are a few other partners. Also there was more than one Levi's collabo and some of them were very cool IMO.

yeah he might be one of the dude from clot, but he leads the way, u think the rest of the cats on the team would even make it to a mag if it wasn't for him? if the the dudes make it to star-dome with out edison, i will give them some recognition, it just seem to be that the rest of the team is just his entourage

All the more reason you can feel good about what YOU are doing because you have used your skills/hard earned money/knowledge. Some people are born with silver spoons in thier mouth, but it is not thier fault. Some abuse this privledge and others don't, the ones that don't and still work hard will most likely feel better with thier accomplishments in life.

fully agree, so i guess what i'm try to say is that i hate those cock sucking, trust fund babies that abuse their natural born gift.

You guys forgot Nigo.

The only thing about that guy is he spends money like it's going out of style! Now, I'm all for spending money on your "wants" (otherwise I wouldn't be on these boards), but getting a Bugatti Veyron and getting it in pink Bape camo when you already own 15 other 100,000+ dollar cars is just STUPID! Go put some money into your company or charity or something! But then again, I am not one for living beyond my needs except for clothing. That dude buys those cars and lives in Tokyo where he can't go past 20mph anyway! lol Shit is wild.

i read it some where that he doesn't like to drive fast either, as he would put it "i use my car to make me look good"

i guess, he's got the money to do it, but why would you buy a such expensive sports car and not enjoy the shear pleasure of speed?

yeah he might be one of the dude from clot, but he leads the way, u think the rest of the cats on the team would even make it to a mag if it wasn't for him? if the the dudes make it to star-dome with out edison, i will give them some recognition, it just seem to be that the rest of the team is just his entourage

Listen man I agree. I don't like Edison as much as the next guy. But to deny that CLOT is a talented and profitable design/lifestyle firm just because the guy that funded it is a "fucktard" (to quote Milspex) is bordering on ignorance. I guarentee with you that Edison has not been behind the creative process of anything that CLOT has designed. He simply backs the company and for that I actually congratuale EDC. I salute him for funding a company that promotes creativity. In my opinion the CLOT design team has made the best looking Lacoste polo ever, the best pair of Air Maxes money can buy, and a great retail space in Hong Kong that, despite what you think about HK culture, has helped to promote a lifestyle that I myself participate in on a daily basis.

Edison maybe a fool, but all the people you guys respect hang out with him too. What does that make of them?

Every group of people have a little wank that hangs out with them. Hes a joke and they know it.

Also I work with this cute little chick from Tokyo, shes about 30 but you'd never know it, looks 18........ anyways she HATES Fujiwara, she likens him to Paris Hilton for being famous for doing nothing. She feels he has no real talent except for hanging around other cool people.

I don't know about all that, but I think its a funny comparison.

MilSpex is simply exhibiting classic jealously (read: penis envy) that another US whiteboy (possibly whiter!) has outriced him in the hyped Japanese streetwear and watch game.

We can end the thread now.

But milspex is australian....

I salute him for funding a company that promotes creativity. In my opinion the CLOT design team has made the best looking Lacoste polo ever, the best pair of Air Maxes money can buy, and a great retail space in Hong Kong that, despite what you think about HK culture, has helped to promote a lifestyle that I myself participate in on a daily basis.

i'm so embarassed that this kid is from seattle.

listen, don't get it twisted, you're not the participant in some kind of "culture," you're a fucking sales demographic.

i'm so embarassed that this kid is from seattle.

Get off of your fucking high horse.

I'm obviously a sales demographic, but don't act like you're not. Most kids my age wear Abercrombie and Fitch or LRG. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone else my age in the city who knows as much about streetwear and the culture behind it than me.

If you really want to be embarrassed than you should take a walk on down to Capitol 1534 and take a look at any of the kids that walk in their on a daily basis. Hell, go to GOODs and take a look at 80% of the customers that walk into their store on a daily basis. Oh and while you're at it. Go fuck yourself.

But what equates to sucking? Not liking his music? I personally just find this thread funny, I really don't mind either way. But I just find the whole hating "because he sucks and poses like he's streetwear-wearer #1, blah blah" a little funny. Unless you know the guy personally, kind of hard to come to the conclusion of why he likes what he does, dontcha' think? Research, dedication? Do you mean not having a life? Camping out in front of Supreme for the newest hoody to drop? Scouring hypebeast every 5 minutes to know what new "Heat" is going to drop across the country?

Hate is a funny thing...everyone wants to claim they don't hate because of jelousy but when it comes down to it, I don't see any other reason.

Hate on.

No no, I respect the kids that searched out this stuff pre-hypebeast and pre-widespread internet. Its a different thing.

Well said, Downwithianbrown, It`s not about jealousy. Theres a ton of rich successful people in streetwear and music who I admire and respect, Hiroshi Fujiwara, Eric Clapton, Ian Brown, James Lavelle, Edison (altough from what I hear in this thread I`m doubting my respect - I heard he was a big ape fan from way back and spent all his money on it and HK stars often dont make much money straight up).

I guess more of my question to this entire thread is, what is "respect?"

Is the respect that you feel towards other stars because you simply know more about thier background there for you can give a proper judgement on thier lifestyle? For all you and I know, John Mayer could've grown up poor and worked very hard for everything he's got in life while on the way making friends with well know streetwear artists.