The John Mayer is a Fucktard Thread

MilSpex

Yo John Mayer, I hope you read this shit because I`m going to call you out on all your retarded blog entries on Honeyee. You don`t know shit. You`re just a retard with money and honeyee connections. You`re a musician who excels at making bore-pop. Stick with what you know. Don`t try so hard to buy into every trend you read about on the internet. And dont act like you`re down just coz Hiroshi Fujiwara likes you either, he also likes other boring musicians.

http://blog.honeyee.com/john/

December 02, 2006, 03:37 AM: `I bought a Blue Ray player before you did.`

So you complain about not getting the HDMI cable with your new toy? Well if u did some research like everyone else who buys shit like this you would know. Were optical cables ever included with Sony MD equipment? um no. Why would a HDMI cable come with the Blue Ray player? MD didnt `tank` either like you say. It sold millions and millions of players in Japan and Asia. It was a huge success for Sony. Just coz you didnt have one doesn`t mean it `tanked`.

November 29, 2006 11:19 AM: `I bought a Rolex watch when I was only 24!`

oh congratulations, you can join every second young Japanese guy in Tokyo who owned their first Rolex by 18. Who really appreciates Rolex more? The guy like me who`s appreciated the utilitarianism and classic design of the Rolex Submariner for 10 years and saved for it for a couple and as I type this is finally planning to buy a used 1980s model in June next year at the old age of 28 or the kid who read about it on the internet for 5 minutes and went and bought a new one. Big props John Mayer. You are truly qualified to tout the `hot watch of 2007' because you`re John Mayer (and you owned a Rolex when u were only 24! Holy shit!)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares? why do spend time reading his blogs anyway?

u know what the difference between Mayer and say Edison Chen is?

I know for a fact that before Edison was rich, but when he was poor in fact, he spent every cent he had on A Bathing Ape way before Mayer had even heard of Kaws.

So now Edison and Mayer post up all this expensive shit they have but the difference is that Edison can coz he knows what it is, its always been part of his life. Mayer is just the new kid on the block with cash who wants to be cool. It makes me sick.

I'm with milspex. It seriously makes me question the integrity/coolness of the downtown NYC scene Alifer's etc when they have John Mayer working with them. I've tried to look at him in a less negative way. Kind of disregarding his horrible early music as the same as many fifties/sixties poppers who made bubblegum pop transitioned into legitimate artists with integrity. But then I realised, even his new stuff sucks dick.

are you seriously arguing that someone has more right to wear streetwear? you sound like a 10 year old kid that gets pissed off cuz his favorite punk band "sold out" and signed to a major...

Nah, its that he blogs about it on the internet like he knows anything.

Yeah I`m also being elitist but who would you rather see wearing clothes you like? John Mayer or Pete Doherty? Ashton Kutcher or James Lavelle?

For me its the second name for each coz those people live the lifestyle and picked up on the stuff before it was `cool`.

u know what the difference between Mayer and say Edison Chen is?

I know for a fact that before Edison was rich, but when he was poor in fact, he spent every cent he had on A Bathing Ape way before Mayer had even heard of Kaws.

So now Edison and Mayer post up all this expensive shit they have but the difference is that Edison can coz he knows what it is, its always been part of his life. Mayer is just the new kid on the block with cash who wants to be cool. It makes me sick.

u sure edison was poor?? his father is a business tycoon, Edward chen. edison also became famous because his father and albert yeung of EEG entertainment have close connections. thats how edison became a singer and actor in HK.

this article talks about edison's sister but there's stuff about him too

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501021104-384885,00.html

Pete Doherty

For me its the second name for each coz those people live the lifestyle and picked up on the stuff before it was `cool`.

Pete Doherty is a trailblazer? That whole image was being rinsed by bands in NYC a good couple of years before the Libertines came to light in the UK.

Even then, what gives them the god-given right to claim originality by wearing a melange of 60s mod, 70s punk and 80s new wave?

Do you know John Mayers background at all? (im not saying that I do) but you really dont know what he was into before he became succesful.

wikipedia: "...attended Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, Connecticut for his junior year, where he was enrolled in the Center for Global Studies at Brien McMahon High School. Then known as the Center for Japanese Studies Abroad, it is a magnet program for students in Fairfield County wanting to learn Japanese."

perhaps that is how he became interested in Japanese brands?

just cause the guy makes mediocre music, doesn't mean he doesn't like streetwear. He's suppose to back off what he likes just cause it might cause the brands that fashion board posters like might lose street cred????

If i had money like he did doing crap music, hell, i'd keep making crap music to fund my clothing obsession and living large and fucking jessica simpson.

u sure edison was poor?? his father is a business tycoon, Edward chen. edison also became famous because his father and albert yeung of EEG entertainment have close connections. thats how edison became a singer and actor in HK.

this article talks about edison's sister but there's stuff about him too

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501021104-384885,00.html

yah dood, edison went to HKIS for like 2 years or whatever.. it's like 10 grand a semester and its just fuckin' high school!

yes, servo Your Body is a Wonderland

I agree. You have bubblegum toes.