best things to entertain on plane?

jakie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno how you guys are getting laid on planes, my imagination is stalling on this one...

I once get sent to Korea as a high schooler (I think it was the summer I was 17) and ended up talking the milf sitting in the window seat next to me into letting me fingerbang her under those blankers... we rode together on both the Seoul-SF and SF-St. Louis connector so I guess she was feeling lucky? I dunno. She was probably 15-20 years older than me and had somebody waiting for her at the gate, I had my parents there, weird situation, my entrance to the adult world I kind of felt.

Anyhow, I usually drop three or four beers or a couple of those mini bottles of wine the minute they roll those beverage carts roll out, and then unwrap that blanket. Usually does me for about 6 hours, which is good for a Trans-Atlantic flight. When I come to Asia, I do the same, then I'll wake up and start watching movies alone by the time the plane is over the Bering straight, get bored of the crap on offer, and then pass out again for another two or three hours. Usually wake up and can see most of Japan by the that time and I'm in the clear.

My girl is a flight attendant and let me tell you... Sex is almost impossible on an airplane. Any kind of good sex is at least. That is unless your chartering a PJ, in which case you wouldn't even be asking this question.

Fly first class. Because you can actually get semi-comfortable in those seats, plus the alcohol is great. Other than that, bring your nerdgames or whatever. Try a novel if you know how to read. Draw. Take pictures of people, make them uncomfortable and if they complain or talk to the crew about you, just inform them that they kinda look terrorist-ass-janky.

when i was coming back from barcelona i bought a wordsearch? puzzle book which was in spanish but since spanish is my first language i thought i would finish the entire book by the time i got home. it was the hardest puzzles, i only finished like 18 of the 40 puzzles after the 16 hours in the air. it kept me entertained but i felt a bit self-conscience about my spanish.

i fly a fair bit and i'm a very agitative flyer, not scared or nervous. Its just the feeling of being stuck somewhere for however many hours without fresh air. man i wish they had running machines on planes.

my routine which when i adhere to when flying long haul is to smoke a joint on the way to the airport, have total of 3-4 glasses of wine (red) in the airport bar and on the first hour of the flight. i then have about a quarter bottle of night nurse and roberts your father's brother i am out like a hobo on christmas eve.

• 2 weeks later...
bloody mary to kick things off, followed by a constant stream of the most expensive alcohol available and hours of old school nintendo (singapore air). do you not get free booze on flights with american operators?

are you kidding me, you have to fucking pay for the food. flights to Japan, you get free booze with American, not sure about other companies or Asian destinations (i know Tokyo-Hong Kong on northwest you had to pay though). north american airlines suck big big time.

best thing for me : sleep.

last year, i planned to leave for Japan on september 11, best move i ever made. on the flight from chicago to Tokyo, i had the middle 5 seats to myself, slept almost the whole flight, definitely the best flight i ever had.

are you kidding me, you have to fucking pay for the food. flights to Japan, you get free booze with American, not sure about other companies or Asian destinations (i know Tokyo-Hong Kong on northwest you had to pay though). north american airlines suck big big time.

best thing for me : sleep.

last year, i planned to leave for Japan on september 11, best move i ever made. on the flight from chicago to Tokyo, i had the middle 5 seats to myself, slept almost the whole flight, definitely the best flight i ever had.

thats so crook. with the exception of a couple of super low coast domestic operators, you get free everything on flights out of australia. i went to singapore last year with some mates n we knocked back cognac's the whole way and dined on grilled snapper and parsnip mash. << thats in economy class (coach to you guys i think).

wait, so people are still afraid about flying on 9/11? I'm presuming you flew northwest since that's where their hub is, right? at least that's where my gf & I started the long haul from