what non-denim things do you collect?

is there an online resource similar to superfuture for audiophiles?

You can try audiogon? I'm not sure if it fits your needs though. I think they talk about gear more as oppose to actual components of equipment. Theres also the diyaudio forum.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a question for serge and i5tioneyes: is there an online resource similar to superfuture for audiophiles? i'm not talking about head-fi money splurging; rather i'm thinking about learning more about the equipment, technology, as well as the heritage and vintage pieces.

i5tioneyes - nice. roughly how many albums do you have there? and how long have you been collecting?

Audiogon.com is the superfuture of audio. Insead of "what are you wwearing today" threads, people post pics of their ridiculous stereos.

Audiogon.com is the superfuture of audio. Insead of "what are you wwearing today" threads, people post pics of their ridiculous stereos.

sounds cool serge and swooc. i'll go and check it out. just bought two more jazz CDs on sale today...working towards i5tioneye's collection. ;)

Barbour International jacket

s7000097bo6.jpg

Belstaff classic trialmaster jacket

s7000098ow2.jpg

BTW, girlfriend thinks I'm nuts!!!

Have you been looking through my wardrobe?

I have a quilted olive Barbour International, a black Belstaff Trialmaster, a tan Belstaff Urban, a black Belstaff XL500, a light grey linen Belstaff Khartoum and a beautiful new navy blue Belfresh Belstaff bought from American Classics in Covent Garden (although you couldn't get LESS American than Belstaff, with its British-Italian influences!), although I don't know the model. I really regret not buying the Che repro when American Classics were stocking it.

BTW do you wear your classic trialmaster with belt?

I do. I think it makes it look smarter. I can never get that fitted look when I tie the belt up at the back. It's either like a corset or too loose.

I bought my Trialmaster about two years ago from a scooter shop in the UK when they hadn't really taken off as anything other than motorcycle wear. In fact when I wear it, people who don't know what I'm trying to do with it, still say to me, 'I never knew you had a motorbike.' It cost around £150. Now that scooter store sells the same jacket for £300.

I've been to the Belstaff shop in London a few times but they've got it all wrong IMO. Hardly a classic waxed jacket in sight. Just loads of aviator jackets and overpriced sweatshirts with horrible silver decals... They've really lost sight of the classic Belstaff style and gone for the Italian fashionista shot.

• 4 months later...

i collect soccer/football kits from around the world...AEK athens, Tottenham (YID ARMY!), Panathanaikos, Flamengo....

some were given to me by parents on global business trips (like my '92-'93 Bayern Munchen autographed jersey signed by the whole team:D),

others i've purchased on travel (Shanghai Shenhua, near the HongKou stadium)

and traded with people (classic Scottish National kit)...

and a few from my own career, ha.

i have about 40 or so..

Little bit of everything...

-Digital music (10,504 songs, about 70% of which is hip hop, over 700+ albums)

-TV on DVD (Seinfeld, Simpsons, Arrested Development, Mr. Show, Stella, ATHF, a few others)

Then things I pick up from thrifting...

-Old sunglasses

-Shoes of all types

-Old basketball/football jerseys

Little bit of everything...

-Digital music (10,504 songs, about 70% of which is hip hop, over 700+ albums)

-TV on DVD (Seinfeld, Simpsons, Arrested Development, Mr. Show, Stella, ATHF, a few others)

Then things I pick up from thrifting...

-Old sunglasses

-Shoes of all types

-Old basketball/football jerseys

+rep'd you for dropping stella. most underrated comedy in a LONG time.

I collect....

cards

comics

star wars

star trek

vhs

led watches

lcd watches

mechanical watches

ppocket watches

magazines

books

toys

underwear...yeah

belt buckle

video games

records

dvd's..1000s and 1000s mostly not in English

Martial arts vhs tapes..1000s and 100s

early chinese films...retailed in 1970 for $35,00o and leased to one company, somehow i found the entire set

keys

linguistic books

house plants

this is getting embarassing, I'll stop.

...ok I'll go on...

magic cards

art

pencils...yes...uh...ulgh

pens

information

ceramics

teas

excercise equipment

cooking equipment

hand me down clothes...never throw them out!

Fishing lure

fishing reels

basically fishing equipment

hats

and i have had incredible luck with people making me sweaters and quilts as gifts (mom,grandmoms..and..yeah well just them)

jackie chan stuff

martial arts posters fromt he 1970s

Basically just a collectomaniac and always have been. It gets to the point where i get so overflowed, i give most things away and then the new space gets filled up quick. Most of the stuff i get for free from work. Nothing i have is very valuable, just lots of it.

One guy in my area had an entire two car garage full of keys!! he can make any key replica just by looking at it! Or pick any lock.

...coins

did I say action figures already???

-Greg

ok i'll go on...

skateboard decks, skate movies, skate clothes,skate memorobilia from the 1990s, early 1990s slick decks mostly, but gave all that to the kid int he neighborhood, because I can barely walk straight after a dozen years of wooden toys

anyway...

matchbooks

tools

farming equipment

rototillers

...I had better shut up/

Nettiemoore,

do you collect any specific records? or genres of music?

I mainly collect vinyl in these genres:

60's + 70's funk/soul

60's jazz

Early 90's hip-hop

late 70's and late 90's electronic (downtempo, techno)

70's prog and psych (King Crimson, Soft Machine)

Ska/Reggae/Dub

Classic Rock (60's through 80's)

Spoken Word (Comedy and "Power Records" comics)