SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so irony army just opened their online store, http://store.ironarmyclothing.com

i was wondering, what is the difference between RAW, RINSE and WASH? ie. does it feel different? comfort? fit different? what about stretch and/or wear marks?

RAW: Jeans constructed from fabric straight from the looms, starched, ironed and sent straight to you. Will shrink like crazy unless sanforized.

RINSE: Jeans that was once raw, but washed once, so most of the shrinking, if not all, is done.

WASH: Jeans that have been rinsed, but processed one more step, with either additional washing or artificial distressing or fading. Or all of the above.

RAW: Jeans constructed from fabric straight from the looms, starched, ironed and sent straight to you. Will shrink like crazy unless sanforized.

RINSE: Jeans that was once raw, but washed once, so most of the shrinking, if not all, is done.

WASH: Jeans that have been rinsed, but processed one more step, with either additional washing or artificial distressing or fading. Or all of the above.

hmm, so why is raw so popular if it shrinks like mad? is it more comfortable? i think i will just go with the rinse ones...and they fit true to size? i am usually a 28 in almost everything, 27" actual waist.

I think raw is more preferable here than distressed jeans because when you wear your raw jean for a long time, they age along with the way you move and what you do. Therfor its kinda historic i guess. and imo mostly all predistressed jeans looks puke to me...

hey..dont know if this is the right forum to post in but..im gona buy some samurai s5000vx..does anyone know how they fit in comparison to levis 501xx STF? are they similar? cuz my levis 501xx stf fit perfectly sz 32 on me and i was plannin to order sz 32 sammies..can anyone help ?

hmm, so why is raw so popular if it shrinks like mad? is it more comfortable? i think i will just go with the rinse ones...and they fit true to size? i am usually a 28 in almost everything, 27" actual waist.

it kind of depends how the terms are used and it can be a bit confusing. if the options are washed or unwashed (raw), washed could mean that they are distressed or faded etc, not a solid dark color like unwashed.

but if the options are raw, rinsed, and washed, then rinsed, or one washed, can mean raw but they have been washed just once. they still have the dark color but they wont shrink as much as raw ones. if this option (one wash) is available its often more popular than raw. for example with skull jeans, most people that have posted about their purchase have bought a one wash pair.

so it depends how the terms are used, but you can of course notice from the jeans whether they are distressed/worn/faded/washed or just one wash / rinsed. :cool:

I've never had a pair of raw before (want one SOOOOON but still don't know enough yet), so this whole skrinking thing confuses the hellllll out of me.

I'm a size 34 for most jeans. If I cant fit a jean, it's becuse my legs are too muscular. So let's say I bought a pair of raw/dry denim in a 34, does that mean it is exactly 34 when it's dry?

And if it's going to shrink hella, will it stretch BACK to a 34?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic