SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Honestly that was the push I needed (a small one). I think the only reason I was considering Diors is because I'm going to Paris in January and was going to pick up a pair when I was there.

Thanks.

[Edit] I also own an older pair of Corpus. I think the Morphy from a year ago. Nice denim but they're not exactly a flattering cut anymore after stretching. Wearing so many straight-legged jeans has kind of spoiled the 'slight' bootcut it is purported to have. I just can't help but feel like a tool in them. The Tal is such a different fit. Hope I can pull it off.

i like the tal's too. very unique without being too flashy. i was really a fan of the older tal from a few seasons back. it was raw (selvegde too i believe) and still had the cutouts on the pockets. most of corpus' new stuff is kinda blah but those and the stick( http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=2869&listtype=c&pfid=AED15539 ) fit are nice.

^ on my looser fitting jeans, i spray some starch around the honeycomb and whisker areas, then sit down cross-legged in front of the tv for half-an-hour or more. i heard some people use blow dryer, too.

but on my tighter fitting jeans, i've discovered there's absolutely no need to use starch, at all.

if you want to know more about starching, you'll find tons of posts about it if you search just a little.

I am wondering how well nudie RRDS hold their color. Mine are starting to really smell after two months, and febreeze hasn't really done a thing. I am thinking of washing them or at least giving them a soak, but I don't want to lose too much indigo. I know Ryu's canes turned out great with multiple washings, and I think Gordon's Oni Blues posted on the BIG site were also washed at about 2 months. Can a similar result be acheived with my RRDS, or should I just suck it up and live with the smell for a few more months?

Guest jeffvyain
some questions abt starching.

how much starch do u all use? do u guys spray until ur jeans are damp and wear them or wear them after they have dried? and which part do u all normally starch?

i recommend against starching. i have found that starch combined with activity is one of the biggest causes of bad odor. you can be active in your jeans and not starch and simply letting them air out over the night will usually take care of any odor caused, but if you starch, they're just going to smell like ass and keep smelling like ass, leading to more defined creases but a need for an earlier wash. if you don't mind smelling like shit, go for it. chicken's method works fine. i do mind though, so i shy away from the stuff.

The Nudie color after the first or second wash looks way better than when raw, IMO.

agree. nudies get better the more you wash...so many people just give up after 1 wash after 6 months...and move on....keep wearing for 2 more months and wash again...they look better....as the color evens out...

370 chf seems a bit steep. you should be able to get them for less from 2000db. i think they are awesome. the denim is amazingly soft. note that their rear pockets are reaaaally far apart, which isn't always the most flattering. oh, and they are not sanforized. they do stretch quite a bit.

what's the difference between the apc cure and new cure...is it just the taper below the knee? or is it rise, thigh measurements, etc.

thanks

i found myself answering this question like 3 times this week. the new cure and old cure differ in the rise, iirc from the lady at apc telling me. its the same deal with the new standard and orginal standards

in addition to the rise the entire leg shape is a bit different. they slimmed the whole leg a bit and its more tapered below the knee than it was before.

do you have a picture in waywt of you wearing them by any chance? i've read that but "loose fit" is relative. thank you!

no pics, sorry. in this case by looser fit i mean just that, and particularly the waist. not baggy, but looser. lower. stretching and so on.

is the 34 inseam the same proportions as the 32 model, just with 2 inches tacked on at the bottom?

yes.

I got a screamer of a deal on some great denim. I am a total novice here and am much more versed in wearing suits than denim. I find the whole aging and breaking in very appealing!

So, the denim on these are fuzzy, does that indicate they have been washed or not washed? (or mean nothing at all??)

I normally wear a 34, these were 32's, I could button them and I assume that these will stretch? If so, where will they stretch (typically that is), and how long till they are stretched?

I wore them for about 4 hours yesterday and about 5 so far today.

If I need them to stretch more, how would one do that?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic