minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

2 hours ago, justintk said:

Thanks guys! I have some stuff that might be OK for Grailed but I doubt a pair of Wranglers that cost $20 new would go over well on there. I'm mainly focused on Ebay because I have a pretty well-established account. But at the same time the last time I tried to sell clothes I got $8 for a pair of Naked & Famous that were only worn a few times. So I'm not sure that kind of thing would be worth it either. I'll probably donate the cheap stuff and figure out something else with the others.

My strategy has been to always time my auctions so that they end mid afternoon on a Sunday. I have had one horrible experience selling a pair of IH 1955S because I sold it between Xmas and New Year's Eve, which was my own stupid mistake...

@JDelage That's a good tip! I never really considered the effect of when the auction ends. But thinking about it now I'm sure that makes a difference.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:25 AM, cmr_reed said:

Anybody know of a higher end version of something like the Novesta Marathon? image.thumb.png.503a56f43b6be812ead2b6b3c6786a9c.png

Maybe Spalwart or ZDA Marathon? Got ZDAs and quality is amazing.

Who makes a type 1 without the pocket flap? 
I see lvc had one a while back 

@shredwin_206

Most of the talked about brands have had one in there lineup at one time or another . Warehouse should currently have 1 or 2 different models available and tcb have one aswell 

Edited by Flash

Mister Freedom has 20% off selected items. 
Son of a Stag also has a few select pieces too. 

Edited by Toegun

Anyone have experience with either Buzz Rickson or Warehouse sweatshirts? I’m curious if or how much they shrink after being washed.  My Strike Gold sweatshirt shrank nearly 4 inches, so I’m a little uncertain if I should size up or not with any other loopwheeled sweatshirts.

@Dan_F I have a few of the Warehouse sweatshirts, no shrinkage when washed cold and hung to dry.

My newer model BR sweat shrank a smidge everywhere after a hot wash and dry but it wasn't as dramatic as SG.

My BR sweat didn’t shrink but I have a tendency to stretch garments due to my wide shoulders.

Edited by mlwdp

Has anyone experienced DHL's "clearance event"? Had a delivery from Mister Freedom make it all the way to my local DHL depot only for it to go BACK to Heathrow and this notification to pop up. So close...

2 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

can anybody recommend some shoe trees for my nick’s?

I use Woodlore. They're basic and they work well. 

What I've found hard to find are boot trees...

Recommendations for flannel shirts with good patterning.  I am one of those people who can't stand when the pattern does not line up well.

Flat Head patterns align perfectly in my experience.

Iron Heart, UES,...

+1 on UES... elements such as pockets where the check is rotated 45º are usually mirrored – they make an effort to keep everything aligned

Anyone here have experience with N-1 deck jackets? I’m mostly wondering about how warm they are. Planing to wear it when it’s like 10-20F, cause I don’t really have anything that would fit into that mild-to-moderate winter weather category for me. Looking at MF one fwiw.

@Cocoa_Lapin which model are you looking at?
I have the Blouson De Quart and it is very warm, but the alpaca pile that lines that jacket is different from the other MF offerings.

@Broark I was looking at this one: https://misterfreedom.com/collections/jackets/products/n-1h-deck-jacket-burnt-umber?variant=30255562227825. I think lining is similar for those two, but the shell is thicker in yours. I don’t really need it to be crazy warm, I have really heavy duty parkas for extreme cold and then fairly light coats for around freezing temp; just need something in between.

Pretty much any alpaca lined jackets (in a similar method to the N-1) will have nearly the same insulation value. An inter liner will help further with wind chill.

I can fairly comfortably wear a deck jacket and thermal shirt in 10°F

Thanks! I figured it should be appropriate for that weather, but since I’ve never owned anything with that kind of lining so it’s nice to get some feedback.

Practical aspects relevant to an N-1 for me are: double or single zipper, inside pocket or not, how warm is the pocket lining. The most authentic renditions, AFAIK, have single zippers, no inside pockets, and no real lining to the pockets... This MFSC has dble zippers and corduroy pocket lining.

I recently got the Iron Heart N-1 in Khaki. I got it for exactly the temp range you're referred to, maybe slightly colder. It has in inter liner for added wind protection. It's very nice, well built, very warm, but not perfect... it has a double zipper, but it's left handed as opposed to right handed which I'm accustomed to. Usually this is neither here nor there, but the outer storm flap is on the left, and with the zipper pull on the left is a bit awkward. I have an IH moto denim jacket and the zipper pull is on the right, so it's not entirely a JP thing. The exterior hand warmer pockets are alpaca lined. But the hand opening is small and the pocket size is small. It has an internal "gun pocket", but again the opening is small and the pocket size is small. Barely big enough to put a large smart phone. I've complained about this before, but I don't get why many JP makers are obsessed with making small, nearly useless pockets... 

Also, these IH N-1 run large. I take an XL and XXL in IH shirts and other jackets, and I had to exchange an XL for an L.