SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m 27JP in the Coupen, 9 in Whites and 9.5 in John Lofgren - the Coupen is the same length but a little narrower 

4 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

@cungster I'm a 10 in Lofgrens and I'd say 10 is the best size on the Coupen last. I can also do a 9,5 which is good lengthwise but a little slim. Rule of thumb is go for your UK size but in US if that makes sense. Eastwest carry the Coupens and have very extensive size comparison. Also, if you're buying from there Janie is extremely helpful and generally just a nice guy. 

Also, I'm think I'm a 10,5-11 in Red Wing (US) if I remember correctly.

Thanks a lot folks. That is to say, if I am US7 on White's, I am likely to be 25 on Coupen, based on these numbers.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

How does one size bib overalls? Obviously, they should be wider than jeans - but how much? Thinking of getting the SDA G3 overalls...

Usually they’re quoted by waist size - so get your normal. The pattern should be taking account of the fact they are overalls ... unless you are asking how to size so they are trim at the waist - then don’t, they’ll look odd IMO 

Looking for recommendations for someone that can make alterations and additions to a lined denim jacket that's USA / NA based. I need the sleeves shortened, and possibly add some leather. @dudewuttheheck? Who altered your jacket(s)? 

1 hour ago, mpukas said:

Looking for recommendations for someone that can make alterations and additions to a lined denim jacket that's USA / NA based. I need the sleeves shortened, and possibly add some leather. @dudewuttheheck? Who altered your jacket(s)? 

The guy who did mine is named David Sheeley and goes by the name Maverickson on The Fedora Lounge. I think he did a good job and would recommend him. He also makes his own leather jackets. DM me for his email.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Anyone got experience with Novesta? Theres a pair on the wife's Christmas list and need to know how to size without letting it out the bag...

Size compared to 70's or vans?

1 hour ago, redragon said:

@cmr_reed

Not sure if it's higher end version but Asahi sneakers might be of some interest.

https://asahishoes.jp/

image.png.208cc996921013a23337e15597f7592d.png

I completely forgot about Asahi. Any idea on where to find a pair because I am in the U.S. and I've had no luck searching through their stockists.

43 minutes ago, King Boo said:

Can anyone recommend a good UK based chainstitch hemming service?

Thanks

My last UK chainstitch was a pair of Junky 46's hemmed at SoaS and they carried out my instructions to a T, perfect (100% cotton) thread colour match, the thread was a good guage, not too thin, not too thick, no exaggerating the tension, the fold depth was copied perfectly.. superb job!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic