minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

@cungster I'm a 10 in Lofgrens and I'd say 10 is the best size on the Coupen last. I can also do a 9,5 which is good lengthwise but a little slim. Rule of thumb is go for your UK size but in US if that makes sense. Eastwest carry the Coupens and have very extensive size comparison. Also, if you're buying from there Janie is extremely helpful and generally just a nice guy. 

Also, I'm think I'm a 10,5-11 in Red Wing (US) if I remember correctly.

Edited by Ar_thor
Tag

I’m 27JP in the Coupen, 9 in Whites and 9.5 in John Lofgren - the Coupen is the same length but a little narrower 

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m 27JP in the Coupen, 9 in Whites and 9.5 in John Lofgren - the Coupen is the same length but a little narrower 

4 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

@cungster I'm a 10 in Lofgrens and I'd say 10 is the best size on the Coupen last. I can also do a 9,5 which is good lengthwise but a little slim. Rule of thumb is go for your UK size but in US if that makes sense. Eastwest carry the Coupens and have very extensive size comparison. Also, if you're buying from there Janie is extremely helpful and generally just a nice guy. 

Also, I'm think I'm a 10,5-11 in Red Wing (US) if I remember correctly.

Thanks a lot folks. That is to say, if I am US7 on White's, I am likely to be 25 on Coupen, based on these numbers.

Has anybody used Jauce before? I don’t want to be one of the guys that moans about shipping times given the world has bigger issue right now, but fuck me they’re slow. Wondered if they’re slow normally?

When washing your jeans, has anyone ever had any issues (color or otherwise) using the spin cycle with a top loading washer? I've seen some cautionary posts about that in the past but I'm skeptical... 

@El Fanatico no if your toploader doesn't have the big pole in the middle

The pole(itical) agitator.

20 hours ago, oomslokop said:

@El Fanatico no if your toploader doesn't have the big pole in the middle

damn, I have that on my machine. Thanks for the response! 

Are all loop wheel tees straight fitting as it is a seamless tube. So do the tees fit more relaxed than say a traditional tee which can be tapered with side seams?

^ No, it's common for companies to use loopwheeled fabrics but still include side seams in order to add some taper to the body

^I prefer a straight/relax fit. Is it safe to say that if a tee has no side seams that measurement will be the same from shoulder to bottom hem?

No, but it's definitely safe to say that the measurement will be the same from the armpit to the hem

Can anyone comment on how PRAS compares to SLP in terms of sizing?

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good proxy service? seen a jacket on credo style I would like to buy. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, cmr_reed said:

Can anyone comment on how PRAS compares to SLP in terms of sizing?

I’m a 28 in both the low slp 01jp and pras shellcaps. The pras deck shoes run larger.

How does one size bib overalls? Obviously, they should be wider than jeans - but how much? Thinking of getting the SDA G3 overalls...

Edited by JDelage

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

How does one size bib overalls? Obviously, they should be wider than jeans - but how much? Thinking of getting the SDA G3 overalls...

Usually they’re quoted by waist size - so get your normal. The pattern should be taking account of the fact they are overalls ... unless you are asking how to size so they are trim at the waist - then don’t, they’ll look odd IMO 

Looking for recommendations for someone that can make alterations and additions to a lined denim jacket that's USA / NA based. I need the sleeves shortened, and possibly add some leather. @dudewuttheheck? Who altered your jacket(s)? 

1 hour ago, mpukas said:

Looking for recommendations for someone that can make alterations and additions to a lined denim jacket that's USA / NA based. I need the sleeves shortened, and possibly add some leather. @dudewuttheheck? Who altered your jacket(s)? 

The guy who did mine is named David Sheeley and goes by the name Maverickson on The Fedora Lounge. I think he did a good job and would recommend him. He also makes his own leather jackets. DM me for his email.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Answered my own question 

Edited by mlwdp

Anyone got experience with Novesta? Theres a pair on the wife's Christmas list and need to know how to size without letting it out the bag...

Size compared to 70's or vans?

Ah bless mate with your Christmas lists. Do you still leave out a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer? :P

You have to fold the the list and put it up the chimney in advance though, so the elves can take it away and leave a sprinkling of magical, glittery dust.

Anybody know of a higher end version of something like the Novesta Marathon? image.thumb.png.503a56f43b6be812ead2b6b3c6786a9c.png

@MJF9 stocking on the end of the bed and everything. ....:mellow:

1 hour ago, redragon said:

@cmr_reed

Not sure if it's higher end version but Asahi sneakers might be of some interest.

https://asahishoes.jp/

image.png.208cc996921013a23337e15597f7592d.png

I completely forgot about Asahi. Any idea on where to find a pair because I am in the U.S. and I've had no luck searching through their stockists.

^

Looks like you might need to proxy from Japan,

I think there is only one stockist in US & they only sell the deck shoes.

Can anyone recommend a good UK based chainstitch hemming service?

Thanks