minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

There’s always LVC too.

10 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

There’s always LVC too.

true ,i have been looking. i was suprised to find all ? lvc are made in turkey these days. but yeah i've been waiting for things to show up in my size or go on sale, including usa lvc, vintage, warehouse , flag sport for summer etc. tcb are accessible so i think i will try those too

I think some LVC models are made in Bulgaria, or at least they were in the immediate aftermath of the Cone mill closure and stoppage of US production.

How are Samurai flannel shirts compared to say Iron Heart or 3sixteen? I would generally go for Iron Heart as they keep what they promise in terms of warmth which is important for me but Samurai have some nice offerings at almost half the price.

You tried UES flannels?

3sixteen are nice shirts but not comparable

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

You tried UES flannels?

3sixteen are nice shirts but not comparable

Nope, never tried. I've had a look from time to time but they've looked a little short if I remember right (me being 6'5) . Might have to revisit though.

UES flannels are beautiful but they cut corners by having 1 fewer button, which can result in some gaping when sitting down.

^ I really doubt that that’s “cutting corners”; sewing and cutting an extra button hole takes all of 1–2 minutes. It’s gotta be a conscious design decision.

(That said, especially when combined with the very narrow plackets I agree that it’s not ideal.)

Fair enough.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, Duke Mantee said:

Seconded on jaquesmariemage

On 7/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, BrownMetallic said:

... & these:

For those interested in JMM, the owner, Jerome Mage, just did a podcast, and it is great. He speaks quite a bit about doing business with Japanese manufacturers and what he says will resonate with most people's interests here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/540-jerome-mage-owner-designer-jacques-marie-mage-eyewear/id546210508?i=1000486235169

Anyone know of denim makers using linen, hemp, flax and so on in their jeans and qualitywise along the usual suspects here? 

Hi, where are people primarily posting denim classifieds now? I feel like the selection on SUFU is pretty sparse? Are people mainly posting elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, Eels said:

Hi, where are people primarily posting denim classifieds now? I feel like the selection on SUFU is pretty sparse? Are people mainly posting elsewhere?

I generally use Grailed as it's simple and the people are generally easier to deal with than eBay. They just changed their terms and increased their cut to 9% though which seems a bit greedy to be fair, especially since you are forced to use PayPal who will also take their cut of 3% or something in that region.

Some things are super easy to sell, unknown/smaller brands might be harder though. Also, people will generally lowball you at first since they know that you'll have to lower your asking price at some point to keep the listing visible.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:22 AM, Eels said:

I also use Grailed mostly but the percentage increase does mean that you should factor in losing 12% in fees into your price. Overall though I've found most buyers to be relatively easy to deal with. The main advice is to clearly put in the description "final sale, no returns". Recently I've had a couple people try to wiggle their way into doing a return because they didnt like the fit. 

Please can anyone recommend what marketplace is best to sell jeans these days. I'm a bit out of touch (and in the UK). 

Scroll up 1.....

^^ or give first dibs to the Sufu community 

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

Scroll up 1.....

:blush2: thanks!

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

^^ or give first dibs to the Sufu community 

will do

Would people here enjoy a eyewear X indigo thread? Not less relevant than watches, hats, and belts after all...

I’m looking for a pair of indigo dyed Bakers pants. Or really any clothes made with an indigo sateen. Does anyone have a lead?

On 8/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, youngofthesoonest said:

I also use Grailed mostly but the percentage increase does mean that you should factor in losing 12% in fees into your price. Overall though I've found most buyers to be relatively easy to deal with. The main advice is to clearly put in the description "final sale, no returns". Recently I've had a couple people try to wiggle their way into doing a return because they didnt like the fit. 

Are there not any Facebook groups for selling ‘our’ kind of stuff? Plenty of groups for all sort of vintage etc so why not repro, vintage inspired, heritage, whatever?

1 hour ago, Mr Black said:

Are there not any Facebook groups for selling ‘our’ kind of stuff? Plenty of groups for all sort of vintage etc so why not repro, vintage inspired, heritage, whatever?

I’m sure there is. I always forget to check Facebook for things like that. 

Where do you guys go to get sleeves shortened on jackets?  I have a Freewheeler's Type II where the sleeves are several inches too long, but the rest fits perfectly.  

^ have you tried double cuffing them? I have a Samurai type 2 with sleeves too long, ended up cuffing them to avoid the risk of tailoring mistakes... I really like them like that now... just a thought...

1 minute ago, MJF9 said:

^ have you tried double cuffing them? I have a Samurai type 2 with sleeves too long, ended up cuffing them to avoid the risk of tailoring mistakes... I really like them like that now... just a thought...

I have. I've done the same on other jackets before too, but the sleeves end up too short and too tight if I cuff them on this jacket.

Any tailor should be able to do this. They may not be able to match the thread exactly, especially in terms of thickness but it’s a fairly rudimentary alteration.

The problem you're going to have is the cuff vent. Presumably it has a rivet at the top of it?

You can shorten the sleeve without having to alter the vent unless it's a really large amount 

Hi guys, 

I am just wondering what's the sizing advice for RDT Coupens, say when compared to White's or Lone Wolf or Red Wing?