minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

i pretty much exclusively wear 5" patagonia baggies during summer here (australia).

30 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

I need shorts. Any brands you guys recommend?

I'm a big fan of the Patagonia Stand Up shorts.

@ecsong187- They used to make the Stand Up in a 5" inseam. That's the one I like & wear. It was apparently discontinued last year but you may be able to find remnant stock here and there. The baggies have a very different cut & feel. They're really for outdoor activities, whereas the stand ups can be used as casual wear.

E.g., https://www.billandpauls.com/patagonia/stand-up-shorts-5-18247

^ That’s really annoying, I’ve been wearing 5” Stand up shorts since my climbing days way back when. This is worth a call to Patagonia!

@lance- I'm right there with you. Good thing I have a few in my drawers; I should be set for 10-20 years...

Ha, me too, I have 3 pairs destroyed but wearable at home, one pair decent to wear In mixed company and 4 new, unworn pairs but it still requires a call to Patagonia. I’ll check back after my call.

Edited by lance

Well FU*K, you are right JDelage, 2019 was the last year offered.  I asked why and of course got an “I dunno” response so I left a suggestion (no not that one!). The guy suggested REI and Dick’s sporting goods. Ah well, another classic bites the dust.

edit  just thought of an alternative, as a last resort buy the 7” inseam and have a tailor shorten them

Edited by lance

Good thinking, OR...

by the time you wear through your current stash(es) they will be making them in the 5” inseam version again. We all know how cyclical fashion is!

Only on Sufu do people discuss taking shorts to get hemmed :D

Short shorts are hard to find these days! Haha 

Those Patagucci Stand Ups used to be made out of a fairly solid canvas cotton. I might try to dye one in indigo...

^^ Patagucci, love it! Stand ups are made from tough stuff, wonder how well they will take the indigo dye? Try it!

Ahas anyone here bought any of the fabric / washable face masks that have been produced by Railcar and the like?

A few Japanese brands I like are starting to sell them.  Even CSF, if I can find the link/picture again, I’ll post it here.  

Case in point, Trophy denim is doing face masks

79FC5DE3-0E89-4BFA-853C-E09766E57C26.png

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Even CSF, if I can find the link/picture again, I’ll post it here.  

Stitch by stitch repro of 1918 pestilence face mask, available in 12 months???

I’m putting an order in as this could come in handy as an ongoing accessory!!

Forty niners has them but they’re not for sale according to translation (maybe?)

Could someone with Tezomeya shirt post their shoulder & P2P measurements? Mostly interested in the 175cm and 185cm sizes. I know the chest measurement is posted on the site but I don't know what the stretching / shrinking is...

Thanks!

Will do later today, yeah. They fit wide and long, and they don't shrink or stretch much.

@JDelage, mine are tagged size 8 (I think this was the largest size, 185 cm?) and measure 22 1/4" across the chest, 19 1/2" across the tops of the shoulders, and 18 1/2" across the backs of the shoulders. It's worth noting that the sleeves are fairly long, measuring 9 1/2" from the shoulder / 5 1/2" from the pit. This is all consistent between two tees, one of which has been through the dryer and the other of which hasn't.

Next time I order from them, I think I'll go a size down.

Edited by julian-wolf

Well, I placed an order with McFly on Apr 8th. They immediately did the EMS package registration (I got the EMS tracking number right away). I got confirmation on April 9th that the shipment was with EMS. Then I only got notification 15mn ago that the EMS package had left Japan and was en-route for France. So the package spent over 2 weeks in Japan with EMS waiting to fly out.

I expect it will then wait a few weeks at the French customs office... 

wow, it still came through from Japan. Everything is halted with EMS from Japan to Belgium since April 1st

Well, it has apparently *left* Japan. To say it "came through" is quite the overstatement at this point.

I’ve just used buyee for the first time has anyone had experience with the edit the invoice bit if so any help appreciated cheers lee 

Any UK guys recommend a decent leather worker to repair my OGL  wallet as the stitching is starting to unravel,  I d love to keep it going as opposed to getting a new one. 

Where else would you be able to buy a Hurdy Gurdy Strap..