minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

On that other forum where i used to hang out, i started a thread 'Show Us Around Your Neighbourhood' with a cap doff towards the tour threads.. often my favourite element in the tours is getting to see where you all call home, i mean travels are nice and'all but its the streets you walk everyday are which interest me the most... Ive been asked by a couple of folks to repeat the thread over here but a 'couple of folks' isn't going to make a thread.

The concept will be.. grab a camera and take a 30min walk around your hood, everyone and anyone can join in, no need to go far, i'm not looking for landmarks here, the more mundane the better. If y'all fancy it, i'll get the thread rollin...

How much will a pair of one washed unsanforized jeans shrink in the inseam once they are eventually washed again? Looking to get a pair hemmed and don't want to have them end up being too short after they get washed. Pair in question is ONI Black x Aizumi if that helps any.

If they’re sanforized AND once-washed, they should shrink very little, in the range of zero to 1 inch, based on my experience.

I always do a soak, even on sanforized and one-wash denim, before hemming. Not strictly necessary of course, but I'm picky about my inseam length and that 0-1" (usually .25-.5") of shrinkage makes a difference :tongue: 

3 minutes ago, discwork said:

I always do a soak, even on sanforized and one-wash denim, before hemming. Not strictly necessary of course, but I'm picky about my inseam length and that 0-1" (usually .25-.5") of shrinkage makes a difference :tongue: 

I am the same about inseam length.  I think I am going to do a soak myself and then send them in to make sure I am safe.

How does Doek sizing compare to Shoes Like Pottery? I see on the Good Weaver Store that the sizing is the same, but want to hear it from one of you guys.

I find that the Doek oxford fits smaller than Shoes Like Pottery. The pair I have is a bit too narrow for my liking.

52 minutes ago, Broark said:

I find that the Doek oxford fits smaller than Shoes Like Pottery. The pair I have is a bit too narrow for my liking.

Thanks for the heads up. I definitely have feet that are more on the narrow side so I should be ok. Did you still opt for the same size as in Shoes Like Pottery?

I wear US 9 ie 27cm in both Doek and SLP. I don't find that they fit any different.

Went for the same size in both, 29. Wish they made a 30 / US 12 in the Doek’s. I also have wide feet so that could have something to do with it.

They do make a 30 in some doek models, whilst other models only go up to 28. They do run long and narrow, so whilst I'm usually a 26.5cm I need the 27cm for the width. 

Interesting, didn’t know that. I picked up the Oxfords a couple years back and they didn’t make a 30 in the ecru at the time.

Has anyone ordered from Cultizm recently...?

It's been a few years, but I have made quite a few purchases from good-guy Dejan M at Cultizm. I sent an email to both him and the "[email protected]" address on Friday afternoon (Germany time) with a measurements request on an (expensive) item showing availability of 1 in my size on their site. Shot out a second email from work this morning, and it's now after 1am Germany time with no response to either. Weird.

If you happen to be reading this, Mr Milenkovic, please take my money!

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2020 at 12:47 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

If they’re sanforized AND once-washed, they should shrink very little, in the range of zero to 1 inch, based on my experience.

I would also say that the type of denim makes a difference in how much shrink you get with sanforized.  I have a pair of LHT that didn’t shrink at all after many washes and others that shrunk a half inch to an inch. Not sure why that is but this has been my experience. Which is basically what you’re saying lol

Edited by ColonelAngus

Question for folks in the US..

Have you made a return/exchange with Denimio? if so, how long did it take to get your new pair? I'm just getting anxious, and the fact that the DHL courier is still not here over an hour after scheduled end of pick-up window adds to the anxiety lol

Does the human body display the same physiological signs of stress & anxiety when first worlders are stressing about first world things as humans in the rest of the world respond to daily concerns of food scarcity, resource scarcity, neighborhood violence, etc?

^ All stress and anxiety is entirely unique to the individual and their circumstance. 

So maybe they do?

The level of stress experienced may depend on where that Denimio item falls for @rockon99 on his own Maslowian hierarchy of needs. It could be a Safety Need (level 2) if you consider it as a resource or an Esteem Need (level 4). If it is of paramount importance and will help him to become the best he can be, then it may even be at level 5 - a Self-actualisation Need!

One more time, why the f*ck are my photos gone. Just checked the hardware thread and my photos are gone from there, too! superfuture??

I remember that is was some problems with I think it was imageshack for a couple of years ago. Do you use imageshack? @lance

I don’t tigerstrom, but thanks for your suggestion. It seems to be a selective delete. I usually just take a photo with my iPad, select it from the library and upload it to my post. As per your suggestion, I’ll see if I did something differently with the deleted photos.

edit. just went back to the post (from 2013!) and noticed the host was photobucket and according to the message, no longer available through them. I deleted and will upload new photos to the post. Thanks, tigerstrom

Edited by lance

On 1/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, Pedro said:

Does the human body display the same physiological signs of stress & anxiety when first worlders are stressing about first world things as humans in the rest of the world respond to daily concerns of food scarcity, resource scarcity, neighborhood violence, etc?

Im sure a philosophical discussion would fit in quite nicely in the appropriate thread within Superculture. :——^-)

2 hours ago, rockon99 said:

Im sure a philosophical discussion would fit in quite nicely in the appropriate thread within Superculture. :——^-)

I far prefer Maynard’s witty response a few posts up. Lets not take ourselves too serious.

Edited by Pedro

5 hours ago, lance said:

I don’t tigerstrom, but thanks for your suggestion. It seems to be a selective delete. I usually just take a photo with my iPad, select it from the library and upload it to my post. As per your suggestion, I’ll see if I did something differently with the deleted photos.

edit. just went back to the post (from 2013!) and noticed the host was photobucket and according to the message, no longer available through them. I deleted and will upload new photos to the post. Thanks, tigerstrom

Ahh it was Photobucket! I'm glad I could help :)@lance

On 11/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, Spiraltoy said:

Interested in trying Cushman myself.

Cushman ones are lovely.

Have this one which I love but is a bit small. Might part with it.

21e0054e21cfd4c6d52e7140fd436059bdde818b.thumb.jpg.633a1559b8892b62dfefdf5d5c73d885.jpg

What size is it...?