minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

Does anyone know where I can buy some jeans, preferably blue?

I’m in Europe if that helps.

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Sigh...I'll ask around...Always the new kids with the questions huh?!

18 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Der kommisary?

Can anyone identify the maker of this shirt? The chambray and details look good. I tried zooming but the label just blurred 

DA724DAE-719E-4836-B09C-F27A9EEC0731.thumb.jpeg.aa3685c67ec8771db4a821d0a879b372.jpeg

On 11/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, julian-wolf said:

Super pretty fabric, but spending that much on jeans just for the fabric just doesn’t make sense. The whole thing’s out of balance—it’s like if Roy started making jeans from the fabric Levi’s uses for modern-day Walmart 501s. Good fabric deserves good construction, and good construction deserves good fabric.

I’ve got nothing against Gustin as a company, but releases like these or like the various $300+ N&F jeans made using world-class denim with the same standard construction and detailing 100% do not make sense to me.

Agreed. They do use some nice fabric, but their overall construction and detailing looks just meh. And, I can't stand their exposed selvedge on the belt loop. If they got rid of that, upgraded their rivets, and did a littlemore with their stitching, then I'd get a pair just to try. Their various cuts look good on their models, but I'm not sure there's one that I'd prefer - they seem a little low in rise and slim in the thighs. 

^ I don't think it's an issue with the company as a whole—some of their more standard offerings are really reasonable "entry-level" jeans. For those that can make the styling work, I think their sub-$100 options are some of the best on the market within that price range.

The Straight cut has a real low rise, but besides that it's not too slim. I have big thighs and was able to make it work okay. I wouldn't go back to them now, but I'm still glad that I started off with them and not Naked & Famous or any of the other fashion-ey brands.

I’ve never ordered jeans from them but I’ve had good luck with Gustin and presently have a 14 oz indigo dyed sweatshirt which is in for cutting - $56 US! Cannot beat the price; I’ll update when it arrives.

The workshirts are pretty nice too, and some of the fabrics are awesome.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, MileHighEvertonian said:

Heading to Amsterdam soon and wondering if there are any denim/apparel/vintage shops worth checking out other than Tenue de Nîmes. 
Amsterdenim

New Fleurs de Bagne sweater. Should I keep as is or exchange for a smaller size? It’s washed already, so no further shrinkage expected.

(Working on the muffintop...)

2A267924-CA87-4F41-A0FA-64F62F70EE72.jpeg

58706A3F-30C8-43A5-8F6E-7681B6CB1BB4.jpeg

@JDelage

I think it looks fine. I suspect that you’ll still get a little shrinkage out of it even though it’s one wash

Going back to the vests conversation from a few months back—how's the sizing on Rocky Mountain Featherbed? I generally wear a 42 in Japanese brands, but shoulders are often the limiting factor. Would I more likely be a 40 or a 42? Started checking Yahoo for them regularly and enough pairs seem to show up new or lightly-used that I'm thinking I'll probably go for one sooner or later.

Who makes good quality blank pullover sweatshirts or crew sweaters. Looking for black. 

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Going back to the vests conversation from a few months back—how's the sizing on Rocky Mountain Featherbed? I generally wear a 42 in Japanese brands, but shoulders are often the limiting factor. Would I more likely be a 40 or a 42? Started checking Yahoo for them regularly and enough pairs seem to show up new or lightly-used that I'm thinking I'll probably go for one sooner or later.

Obviously the shoulders are a misleading measurement to go by for them due to them being vests. I wear a 40 (and usually a Japanese size L ) which is a little snug over a tshirt and thick hoodie or denim jacket but they do feel snug due to the padding. I'd suggest looking at the 42 and consider the chest and length. They are quite boxy. 

Great vests.

Quick question... Have any of you sold things via Instagram (e.g. through your stories/posts)? Any luck? 

I got a heap of things I want to sell. I went back onto Grailed then got discouraged by the amount of lowballing and how slow/old the site is.

I’ve had luck on IG stories yes, it’s worth a shot.

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

I’ve had luck on IG stories yes, it’s worth a shot.

Cool, I might give that a try!

I bought a pair of jeans f/ a fellow denim head on IG who's not member here 

What are your favorite EU-based denim stores (+UK)? I got *killed* on import duties recently...

R&H are second to none for service,advice and speedy shipping. 

True - I've had good dealings with them.

Also used Maritime Antiques and Hepcat in the past.

A vote for Redcast Heritage. ;)

Those That Know is also a new one coming up soon.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, propellerbeanie said:

Cool, I might give that a try!

Any chance you are posting here?

What sizes?

Cheers

Does Buyee work as a Proxie for bricks & mortar shops in JP? 

Thanks

Edited by Pedro

Are you guys getting anything from the various black friday sales?

Think I’ll finally get that MF Okinawa ranch blouse after all this time.

Trying to decide between Strike Gold 5105, or Strike Gold denim jacket. 

I can fit in my worn 5109's again and forgot how awesome the denim is on it.